US Army Awards Contract to Reconfigure M24 Sniper Weapon Systems to Remington® Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 300 Win has been in the planning stages for a long time. One of the requirements of the M24 was its ability, through to use of the long action, to be configured in 300 Win.

As for the 338 vs 338 argument, the 300 does 90% of what the 338 does, for 50% of the cost and fuss. For the remaining 10%, the .50 works fine.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man i wish that we had of gone this route back when i was in. 300 Win Mag being better is a given, but the adjustability of the rifle would have made a huge difference. Don't know about a collapsable stock tho. I know there are some that are fairly solid, but they still aren't going to be fixed stock solid.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little late IMHO. One thing I would like to know is why choose 300WM over 338 Lapua?

I've been out of touch for a while, but the last time I was tuned into the issue, .338 Lapua is still a desired endstate and the 300 win mag is a gap filler until a .338 (or other) platform is designed and adopted (a process which takes forever).

The switch to 300 from .308 was easy and cheap to accomplish in the mean time...while still increasing/improving existing capability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom