Anybody Laid Hands on S&W's New 22LR AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took mine out for the first time yesterday. Pure fun! It had no problem eating Federal Bulk, but Remington Bulk made it choke. The Remington bullet design is different than the Federal. Remington has a little bit of a ledge that seems to cause feeding issues. The Remington box also had several dud rounds that wouldn't fire in my Buckmark or CZ either.

I just plowed through about another 100 rounds tonight just before sunset. All Federal. No hiccups. Disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly is a breeze. Bolt and charging handle come out just like an AR. The advantage that this model has is that it has a functional bolt release. The stock, grip, and trigger group are all milspec and can be swapped for whatever parts you prefer. The rails are made of polymer (as is the whole upper and lower), but it seems sturdy enough. I'm not sure how well a single point sling attachment will work on it, but we'll find out. I'm planning on equipping it with some Magpul MOE furniture. The stock trigger is actually surprisingly decent for a stock AR trigger group. Seems to be no better or worse than what I had on my Noveske. You can use the LPK of your preference. I'll likely stick a RRA 2 stage in it. I haven't mounted any glass on it, so I don't know what it is capable as far as accuracy goes. I think I've located the glass I'm going to stick on it though, so hopefully by next week I'll be able to give an accuracy report.

Here are some pics and vids from yesterday:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_twenty_two_20long_20rifle_IMG_0626.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_twenty_two_20long_20rifle_IMG_0627.jpg

Shooting with Remington Bulk:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_twenty_two_20long_20rifle_th_IMG_0397.jpg

Shooting with Federal Bulk:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_twenty_two_20long_20rifle_th_IMG_0399.jpg

silenttim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a blast shooting Bigred's last weekend. I wish it would feed the remington GB's better though.

I hope someone comes out with a way to adjust the feed ramp to maybe help with the issue. Maybe then I'll actually buy one instead of shooting yours. :lmfao:

But alas, no more guns for awhile. The Rav4 needs a tag. :tounge:

silenttim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I remember of Big Red's, the front and rear sights are removeable. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head if they will co-witness or not.

I believe he picked his up from Academy for around $450.

Latest posts

Top Bottom