Was " Brushy Bill Roberts" really "Billy the Kid" ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading articles on the internet ( Lots of them) on this subject and don't really know for sure which way to believe? I want to think he was Billy the Kid though! I have been to the graveyard at Ft. Sumner N.M. and have seen the word PALS inscribed in the headstone there which makes me think he was still alive and someone else buried there? That would be a true pal to come back and take a chance on getting caught just to pay thosae last respects to your friends! What do ya'll think?

slide

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are so many stories about Billy the Kid. Some say he was a hero,some say he was an outlaw. No doubt he is a legend. I think it is one of those situations where each person will need to research and form his own opinion. Like what you are doing.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno about all that but some guy who has a 2 x 3 picture of dear old Billy was auctioning it off Friday, I think it was. Said he thought the bidding would start at $400K and he was hoping to get a cool million. Go figure ...

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting.

The print of the photo in the article shows him as right handed.

I seem to recall that the original photo showed "the Kid" as a lefty and was printed backwards. This apparently led to alot of confusion "back then" as many people looked for a right handed "Billy".

Looking at some related images, it shows the original metal plate and has "The Kid" as a lefty.

Dave

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting.

The print of the photo in the article shows him as right handed.

I seem to recall that the original photo showed "the Kid" as a lefty and was printed backwards. This apparently led to alot of confusion "back then" as many people looked for a right handed "Billy".

Looking at some related images, it shows the original metal plate and has "The Kid" as a lefty.

Dave

I remember seeing the photo on a show not long ago and they were saying that it was backwards. The reason they were saying that he was really right handed was the features on the rifle, that the loading gate was on the left side instead of the right side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom