Baker Boys Yamaha - 1 week quote now almost 6 weeks, tired of their lies, options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my bike sit too long and when I finally got to it the carbs needed cleaning. I took my bike down to Baker Boys Yamaha in OKC. For the carb clean, an oil change (the filters on the VStars are a pain to get to, wanted to let them deal with it), and installing a lowering kit (very simple), they said it would be a week, maybe two. After not hearing from them for two weeks, I called and they said I was one of the next ones and could be out by the end of the week. A week later, I called again, they said that they hadn't gotten to me yet, but that it was the next bike up and should be out by the end of the week. Well, that was over two weeks ago. I called on Wednesday, told them I thought it was ridiculous to wait five weeks on a 1-2 week quote, and of course, they still hadn't gotten to my bike. The guy gave a story about how they lost a mechanic and just got a new one, and that my bike would be done by Friday. Well, surprise surprise, no call today. I'm tired of their BS and obviously not happy about having my bike in the shop for 5 and a half weeks, especially since I was thinking about selling it before it got to cold. I'm not happy about having to rent a trailer, again, to go pick the bike up, and then take it a shop who cares about having customers, but am certainly going to. My question is, if they have started on something, anything, and they refuse to hand over my bike tomorrow when I go down there, or try to charge me for whatever work they may have started on in the three days since I talked to them, what can I do? Call the police? Demand my bike? I'm not going to pay the losers for work that's 5 weeks overdue and not completed when they said it was going to be. And if I can't trust them to give me an honest answer on how long it will be before they work on my motorcycle, I certainly don't trust them to give me a fair price or do competent work. Anyone dealt with these idiots before?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't let them fool you. Oil changes on the Vstar 1100 are a piece of cake. Just have to loosen the front pipe and maybe the right side floorboard. It really is easy. I wasn't paying them Harley rates to change my oil. Went to O'Reillys and ordered the proper Wix filter. The carbs are easy to get at as well. probably would have been fine with draining the tank and getting some fresh gas and seafoam in it. Plugs are also a breeze to change.

I'd be happy to help you so you can see how easy it really is.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Dustin said. Go get your bike. Surely you know someone with a truck. We are in Oklahoma. Probably, if you keep your head and stay cool and polite, they will even load it for you.

They must have a bad service manager/service writer. Someone should have been calling, especially after you called before, and it was way past due. Whatever the reason, it's unprofessional for sure. I don't know anyone there.

recon3117

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sehorn Yamaha in Shawnee, Call Mark and tell him Eddie from Norman said to call him, tell him what you have experienced so for.

Be sure and speak with Mark and I believe you will be satisfied. Mark has always been good about seeing that things are done timely for me.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up with the owner and if I wasnt in Iowa working I would call him and tell him wtf happened and how he just got some bad publicity. I ma still send him a note on text or FB. The last Ive heard of him was in September after they had been robbed of a 24ft trailor and 17 bikes out of their warehouse. That is BS what youve gone thru though and it doesnt sound like the Chan Baker I know. He must have a sucky service manager and mechanic crew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom