Whats with all the down time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats going on with OSA here lately? The site has been down at least twice today. and then the other day it was down the whole day. Is there something wrong with the server?

Its driving me crazy when it is down, I don't know what to do to occupy my time, without OSA.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a sign you need to get out and do something productive.
Atleast that is what I tell myself.

Hey!!! I did get something productive done today, I ordered 12 new AR-15 mags and 5 new Glock 22 mags last week and they came today, and I loaded them all today, so there, I did do something productive today...:rubhands:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show off.

:urwelcome:

But seriously, though. Most of the time, the resource hog is handling database queries. Tuning a single environment for handling both the webserver duties and database duties results in a tradeoff. A webserver doesn't really need a ton of resources to function, but processing database queries does. Most reputable hosts will allow you to purchase a VPS that only has intranet access within the same datacenter (and possibly even on the same switch) with a simple phone call.

And then sometimes, you have issues with your hosting and/or DNS provider.

But running a forum as large as OSA is expensive.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:urwelcome:

But seriously, though. Most of the time, the resource hog is handling database queries. Tuning a single environment for handling both the webserver duties and database duties results in a tradeoff. A webserver doesn't really need a ton of resources to function, but processing database queries does. Most reputable hosts will allow you to purchase a VPS that only has intranet access within the same datacenter (and possibly even on the same switch) with a simple phone call.

And then sometimes, you have issues with your hosting and/or DNS provider.

But running a forum as large as OSA is expensive.

I am switching my response to "What he said". :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom