Road Hunting in Creek County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSPANIER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So me and my father in law have a lease out in Creek county by slick. It seems to meca destination trip for road hunting! Ive had Two nights in a row of guys "cruising" but tonight a guy gets out and hunts the property across the road which is owned by an anti hunter owner. We had the Game Ranger pop up on black friday for the first time in 5 years. We were happy to see him...I think it shocked him. I'm so peeved with myself for not getting his cell phone to call these guys in. Anyone have a spare remote spike strip?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So me and my father in law have a lease out in Creek county by slick. It seems to meca destination trip for road hunting! Ive had Two nights in a row of guys "cruising" but tonight a guy gets out and hunts the property across the road which is owned by an anti hunter owner. We had the Game Ranger pop up on black friday for the first time in 5 years. We were happy to see him...I think it shocked him. I'm so peeved with myself for not getting his cell phone to call these guys in. Anyone have a spare remote spike strip?

Welcome to hunting private land.
Every jackhole that doesn't have anywhere to hunt, (and some that do) think road hunting gives them permission to trespass and shoot from the road.
After the same jerk made three rounds of the double section I was hunting, I called the GW to see if he was in the area. He was, and unfortunatly the guys left the area.
I guess, technically they were violating no law, just driving around, but they had orange on, and were stopping at every clearing, glassing the tree line.
I had my spotting scope on them, but could never get a tag number.
The next day, had two guys in a truck we all know in the area, drive down a dead end road, and sit there for 10 minutes. All the while, I'm waving my orange vest at them so they know somebody is watching them. I guess they didn't see it, as they slowly drove off.
Not 30 minutes later, an white chevy blazer goes down the same road. I wave my orange, and he must have seen it as he did a bat turn, and hauled butt out of there.:D

The later in gun season it gets, the worse the road hunters get.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have hunted the same area in Grant Co. for the last 15 years. I saw more trucks driving the first weekend than I have in the last 14 years combined. Guess word got out that the local game warden retired.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just printed this out and it's going in my truck today.
Thanks for the link. Good info to know for various reasons.

My GW's phone number is in the phone and written on the side of the barn at the farm!

Have called in several for road hunting! Good luck on poaching the poachers!

Bailey331

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta love it. Iv been with several wild life officers when they busted someone for poaching. One of them had a mounted deer that looks so real from 10 years away its scary.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Road hunters are bad everywhere. I've called the GW a few times with no luck. I'm just inside the Pawnee county line and it's too far from Pawnee for the GW to spend much time. The Payne co GW will cross the county line, but also can't spend much time cause it's too far from Stillwater and Cushing.
We get some real live "road hunters" but most are the neighbors, or friends and family of one of the neighboring farms. So unless you catch them with a gun out the window, they "were just headed to town, not doing anything wrong..."
I just try to keep the cows pulled away from the roads and hunt in the back and let it go. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom