You have to admit this is a case of abuse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Haha, that place is a joke... I had to drive that road going from Drumright to Bristow numerous times. Heard stories about the tickets they would hand out if you were speeding as you passed the thriving town of Shamrock. Fortunately, I was never issued a ticket.

With regards to this story... It all makes sense now. No telling where that ticket money ended up.

My question is how in the world could this have gone on so long unnoticed?

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is something like you would see in headlines on Jay Leno. Crazy stuff!! Did you see a picture of one of the guys? He looked like a bum.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea they couldn't even staff the city hall with a clerk to accept payment for the tickets! How do you pay - discreetly mail them cash??

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is.... some of the stuff we have about incorporation of cities,,, and other muninciple code issues was put in place (in 1907) to make us "different" from the existing states.

IMO... "cities" have way to much power and authority... and since OK has a very weak county government system ... well, 100 years after the fact... we have a whole lot of towns that should have folded up years ago.

The OK sales tax system is enough to make a small town cut it's own throat... discourage business and cause a slow and hateful death. Orlando and Muhall come to mind here in Central OK.

This Shamrock deal is not a one- off situation. A couple of other towns have "added" police in an effort to raise revenues from traffic enforcments-- while housing sits abondoned and meth cookers run rampant.

I hate to say it... but if a "city" cannot thrive it's not the worst thing in the world to tear up the charter and let things go. Texas, Kanasas and all the other rural mid western states have lot's of dots on a map today... that are towns that have been abandoned and given back to the county land base.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered about the some of the rural town Police departments around my area. In the last several years alone, drunk cop found sleeping in patrol car, convicted Felon hired as an officer, incompetent nutjob wrecked a patrol car while hauling ass the wrong way from a non emergent medical call.

Is there an online way to confirm that a Police agency is indeed "certified"

Latest posts

Top Bottom