Update on Home Invasion in MWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that most of you read about the home invasion in MWC last month where the wife shot and killed on person and wounded a 2nd one. They had to move out of their house due to threats and since they have been gone someone tried to set the house on fire. They are currently staying with some friends, but have 2 adults and 2 small children trying to live in one room. He has been an active member of the XDTalk forum. They had a donation drive and raised a little over $4,000 dollars, but this has gone to expenses. They are still having to pay on their home even though they cannot live there. The XDtalk forum has another funds raiser to fund a place to live for them for a little while. I believe the following was posted by the owner of CrossBreed Holsters.

Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
CrossBreed will match donations up to $600 a month for one year

I have personally met the family. If you have any questions send a PM this way. There is a little information in the January issue of American Rifleman in the Armed Citizen column.

The link for making donations is located here http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/163984-we-have-donation-link-help-ibwaldos.html

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI...this family was mentioned in this month's NRA Rifleman Magazine under the Armed Citizen section.

AddedOops...I must have skipped your last paragraph.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link to original post or somewhere I can get more info on what happened? I looked it up on a news website and read about the incident but why the family needs money and why they cant live in their house?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked it up on a news website and read about the incident but why the family needs money and why they cant live in their house?

Threats against them by folks associated with the criminals who invaded their home.

Other than the cost of maintaining two households, I'm not sure what else is contributing to the financial hardship. Legal expenses maybe?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pretty chilling stuff. thanks for the links. this is a great real world example of the fallout and the things you never really think about until it happens.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just goes to show that criminals and their ilk are dumb. Someone invades a person's home, gets presented with a permanent parking ticket and their friends threaten the homeowners. It's just dumb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom