Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default For sale: Anschutz youth target rifle

So while staying at my parents' house for Christmas I uncovered my old 22lr target rifle from my days as a prodigious young smallbore shooter, just chilling out in my dad's gun safe. I no longer have any use for it, which is a shame because it's a beautiful rifle.

I'm not sure what the model number was but I believe it's a 1451STR. It's definitely built on a 1451 action, and it's a repeater with a target stock and a rail for a handstop. The stock is built to accept spacers to add length of pull as the kid grows, but I never bought the spacer set. HOWEVER it does come with one that you can take out. The barrel and receiver are grooved for aperture sights or scope rings.

The rifle comes with Anschutz match aperture sights (that have fancy micrometer turret adjustments and all that jazz), 1" scope rings, a hand stop, and a Boyt leather sling.

There are two problems: the stock has some damage around the magazine well, and the magazine itself has been lost sometime in the past decade. As such, I'm pricing this gun as though it was just the rifle and the aperture sights; the hand stop, sling, and scope rings are free.

I'm asking $750 for the whole package (that's $400 for the rifle and $350 for the match sights). I'll consider a M&P9c + cash also. FTF in the Tulsa area. I'm in Chicago right now but I'll be back in OK after New Year's.

Don't be afraid to make a lower offer, but be advised that if it's too low I'll probably make fun of you.

PS I'll get pictures up when I can steal a camera.

PPS They don't make this rifle anymore, and if your child is an aspiring young smallbore shooter (or if you just want one for yourself...I'm 6'1" and with the spacer in it's just a shade too short for me to shoot comfortably) this is probably the best bang for your buck to get her started.
    My feedback

PM for IT consulting, security audits, data recovery. I'm a grad student so you get top-shelf results at bargain basement prices!

Default Re: For sale: Anschutz youth target rifle

Bumping this.

Anschutz is the premier manufacturer of smallbore match target rifles. You won't find a better rifle at this price point.
    My feedback

PM for IT consulting, security audits, data recovery. I'm a grad student so you get top-shelf results at bargain basement prices!

Lunchtime is bump time
    My feedback

ARISE, THREAD

My work schedule has opened up so I was able to post pictures!

http://i.imgur.com/3hxgO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PYX1c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cXgDH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fmBkP.jpg

This last one is a closeup of the cosmetic damage on the stock:

http://i.imgur.com/RdR4J.jpg
    My feedback

pardon my ignorance. I did a quick google search and still know relatively nothing about this rifle. Where are/were these rifles produced? How old is this specimen? Is this a WWII youth rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. HK View Post
    Where are/were these rifles produced?
    Germany.

How old is this specimen? Is this a WWII youth rifle?
    lol no. It's about 10 years old now.

E: I should have been more specific. They don't make this specific model anymore, to the best of my knowledge. The Anschutz company is still alive and well.
    My feedback

PMs received and responded to.
    My feedback

Bump.
    My feedback

Bumping this. Asking price is now $700.
    My feedback

Bump.
    My feedback