Saiga .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had one of these. Pretty neat, but had the drawbacks of AKs - heavy, especially when you scope it with a side mount, and poor trigger. But neat useful gun. Was reasonably accurate. I had the 22" one; my buddy had the 16" one - I think he still does.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
some people use them as medium range (out to 600 yards) inexpensive sniper rifles. Rifle Dynamics tunes them up for about $450 for such duty.

There is a good write up here about them and other inexpensive rifles for sniper duty. In a nutshell the article, written by an instructor from a sniping school, explains that a decent rifle with a good scope is all you need and some guys do just fine without those multi-thousand dollar rifles and short of some really good optics you can barely see a man size target out to 600 yards anyway.

I had a discussion with a friend about this as he was thinking of getting one; well, a PSL actually, but close enough for discussion sake. I mentioned that for the same price as that PSL with a tune up he could get a remington 700, which is obviously far more accurate. However, the saiga or psl would be far more rugged and utilize cheaper ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom