HB1652 - CCW in Vehicle on Vo-Tech Campuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I am confused, why is there a new law needed? I thought under the SDA act that if you are not able to carry into a govt building that you are able to store the weapon in your vehicle adjacent to said building.

Is that not the case, I mean I leave my gun in the car at school all of the time.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I am confused, why is there a new law needed? I thought under the SDA act that if you are not able to carry into a govt building that you are able to store the weapon in your vehicle adjacent to said building.

Is that not the case, I mean I leave my gun in the car at school all of the time.

College campuses are the only current allowed location for storage in the vehicle. CareerTech and K-12 school campuses are specifically restricted from leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle. You may drive into the parking area, pick up a student, and depart, having never left your vehicle - that is specifically allowed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

When it comes to schools, vo-techs are often treated the same as K-12 schools. This bill amends the law to treat them as college campuses with respect to firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom