300 AAC Blackout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not sure if this may have been addressed in an earlier thread. My question is "is it worth it?" ......... another passing Fad Caliber, or is it around to stay ????

Thanx

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like a 300 Whisper from what little bit I've found on it. I built an AR-15 in 300 Whisper and have a Contender barrel in it. I want to build a bolt gun in it also. I think if the ammo became cheaper and more available ,it would make it. It is a good deer round. I think it would be a great round for our armed forces. To convert the .223/5.56 AR's is just a barrel and gas tube change.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like a 300 Whisper from what little bit I've found on it. I built an AR-15 in 300 Whisper and have a Contender barrel in it. I want to build a bolt gun in it also. I think if the ammo became cheaper and more available ,it would make it. It is a good deer round. I think it would be a great round for our armed forces. To convert the .223/5.56 AR's is just a barrel and gas tube change.

We use 5.56 in part because that's what NATO uses. So to maintain compatibility of ammo across allied nations, a change would require everyone's weapons to change. And with the M855A1 and Mk262, you can do some pretty amazing things with 5.56.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use 5.56 in part because that's what NATO uses. So to maintain compatibility of ammo across allied nations, a change would require everyone's weapons to change. And with the M855A1 and Mk262, you can do some pretty amazing things with 5.56.

Pinkhamr is all too familiar with 5.56.

I love the idea. 5.56 case, 7.62 projectile, no feeding or magazine issues, more ft. lbs. energy. I have been thinking about doing this for a while too.

NATO can suck it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom