S&W .380 Body Guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked one up today. I have not shot it yet. I sold my kel tec p3at a few months back and wish I would have kept it. I think this may be a better deal with the factory laser for under $400. What do you guys think and What accessories have you guys used with them?

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shot one. BUT I have a buddy on here who sold his lcp and bought the BG when it first came out. He only had it for a week, then he sold it one here. Went and bought another lcp. So take that as you will...

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took it to the Range today and fired 20rds. It shot well kicked less then my old Ruger LCP. at 20yrds It shot a little low but I think I adjust. Over all I liked it a lot.

rudyod

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a BG but didn't like the DAO setup. Trigger pull was too long and unless I used just the tip of my trigger finger I was unable to actually pull the trigger far enough to fire the gun. I bought it for a concealed carry weapon and didn't like the feeling that in an emergency I may have trouble squeezing off a shot so I sold it and bought a sig 238. Maybe I would have had the same problem with any other DAO .380 pistol but the BG is the only one I ever tried. BTW, I've been very happy with the sig.

hwhattt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about buying the sig but went the the BG just because it was cheaper. So far I like it a lot. Next time I go to the range I will post again. I may have to go with my friend that has the Sig 238 and compare both of them.

jmwilliamson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering getting one because it felt really good in my hand, but I heard that trigger problems were way too common. I picked up a Magnum Research Micro Eagle .380 instead. It's roughly the same price, and I don't think I could make it misfire if i tried. I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom