Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default Barrel choices for 7.62X51 AR Build

I am looking for a barrel, 18-21 inches for a AR10 build. Lower will be an Armalite, I already have an Armalite ar10 a4 type, so to keep the magazine situation easy is why I have decided on a Armalite lower. Its main purpose will be tack driving and predator hunting. Number one thing is being accurate, a close 2 is carrying it all day hunting, so maybe a heavy fluted barrel 18.5 inches. I have looked at Noveske, but no others. Thanks ahead of time.
    The people should not be afraid of their governments. Government should be afraid of their people.
    III
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: Barrel choices for 7.62X51 AR Build

I think a stainless barrel in a somewhat lighter profile would fit your bill. Ranier Arms makes some that would be great -- http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...=&pagenumber=1

I would look at their Ranier Arms Select barrels in 18" or 20", whichever you prefer.

The Armalite AR-10T barrel is very similar... they cost a bit more though. However, you could buy a complete upper with the barrel already installed if you went that route. I held a 20" AR-10T this weekend and it wasn't heavy at all.

I have been looking into building/buying a 7.62x51 AR myself, but I think I will go with one of Armalite's 20" chrome lined barrels. I just need to decide whether to just buy an AR-10, or whether I should build it on a MA-Ten receiver set so I can use P-mags and take all AR-15 lower parts.
    Want to see how you and your gear perform under true field conditions? Check out the Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun, coming Jan. 18, 2014: www.okrunngun.com

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...OK-Sign-up-now!

Oklahoma State Coordinator for Project Appleseed

Are you a Rifleman, or just a rifle owner?
    www.appleseedinfo.org
    e-mail me: OK@appleseedinfo.org

Do you know if armalite guarantees sub moa or anything with that barrel? I can't believe more people haven't replied!
    The people should not be afraid of their governments. Government should be afraid of their people.
    III
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well after looking deeper on Armalite's website it looks like I may just buy a complete upper from them, they seem to have what I'm looking for. It will be very close to the same price buying it all separate or buying complete.
    III
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know that you're looking at an Armalite rifle but I've got a Fulton Armory barrel that shoots very nice.

I also like having a lower that will take a JP trigger and allow me to use the cheap Pmags.
    "It's a very deadly weapon to know what you're doing." William Murderface

My Feedback

I have an Armalite AR-10T with the Lothar-Walther match barrel. I broke it in per Armalite's procedure. I have put 3 rounds in one hole off a bipod at a 100 yds. . If they still sell this stainless match barrel ,I don't see how you can go wrong.