Barrel choices for 7.62X51 AR Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a barrel, 18-21 inches for a AR10 build. Lower will be an Armalite, I already have an Armalite ar10 a4 type, so to keep the magazine situation easy is why I have decided on a Armalite lower. Its main purpose will be tack driving and predator hunting. Number one thing is being accurate, a close 2 is carrying it all day hunting, so maybe a heavy fluted barrel 18.5 inches. I have looked at Noveske, but no others. Thanks ahead of time.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a stainless barrel in a somewhat lighter profile would fit your bill. Ranier Arms makes some that would be great -- http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=arvariants_barrels&keyword=&pagenumber=1

I would look at their Ranier Arms Select barrels in 18" or 20", whichever you prefer.

The Armalite AR-10T barrel is very similar... they cost a bit more though. However, you could buy a complete upper with the barrel already installed if you went that route. I held a 20" AR-10T this weekend and it wasn't heavy at all.

I have been looking into building/buying a 7.62x51 AR myself, but I think I will go with one of Armalite's 20" chrome lined barrels. I just need to decide whether to just buy an AR-10, or whether I should build it on a MA-Ten receiver set so I can use P-mags and take all AR-15 lower parts.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after looking deeper on Armalite's website it looks like I may just buy a complete upper from them, they seem to have what I'm looking for. It will be very close to the same price buying it all separate or buying complete.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know that you're looking at an Armalite rifle but I've got a Fulton Armory barrel that shoots very nice.

I also like having a lower that will take a JP trigger and allow me to use the cheap Pmags.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Armalite AR-10T with the Lothar-Walther match barrel. I broke it in per Armalite's procedure. I have put 3 rounds in one hole off a bipod at a 100 yds. . If they still sell this stainless match barrel ,I don't see how you can go wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom