Firearms / Weapons buster signs at Ft.Gibson National Cemetery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are signs at the entrances to the Cemetery stating that firearms and weapons are prohibited on the property. So if you go to pay your respects to these brave American veterans, who fought for our freedom, you are expected to leave your guns and knives at home. I know it is federal land, but something about this just doesn't seem right to me.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems wrong to me also. I'd check with the administrator of the facility. I'm guessing that a National Cemetery should fall under the National Park System and legal concealed carry should be allowed outdoors but not inside.

If it is National Park System and they can't cite any authority, I'd contact Sen Coburn's office. He's the one who pushed through legalizing CCW's in National Parks.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fort Gibson cemetary is part of the VA system NOT the National Park System....only a handful fall under the NPS.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fort Gibson cemetary is part of the VA system NOT the National Park System....only a handful fall under the NPS.

Thanks for the correction. That makes it quite a bit harder, doesn't it?

Wouldn't hurt to let Sen. Coburn and your other federal representatives how you feel about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom