Academy .223 ammo sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As most may have seen Academy had .223 420 rnds for 149.00 (??) in can on stripper clips and 162 gr. Went to buy 1 today and was told 1 person bought the rest and was going to the others to BUY OUT. I wanted but thought would last through Monday.... NOT... are these the old Walmart days of buying all.... there is no shortage. And I don't need BUT want is just as strong in my mind. :-) The clerk said 1 left in Edmond and 2 south side BUT the guy was going to both places when he left today. Both clerks went "wow" didn't even think it would sell.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if hard to read... font is messed up (SO is comp) putting new computer in place this week... ammo = Federal 5.56 X 45, 420 round ammo can. 62 gr FMF, XM855LC1 AC1 on stripper clips in 20 round boxes in ammo can. $159.99

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fmJ that is... is American eagle as good as any practice brass rounds? Have just shot PP and Federal.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew American Eagle is made by Federal but was hoping quality a little better. I guess I'll consider the same and go from there. Thanks!

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they are good to practice with. I bought a 1000 rds at a gun show earlier this year for $300.....55gr FMJ.....No problems at all. I would stay away from Wolf though unless you like using all of your cleaining materials....sorry I misunderstood what you were asking.....

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI - These were marked "not for Duty Use" So not that great of a deal with explanation below. (that I'm sure most of you know BUT not I:

now the difference is in the "not for duty use" label... the not for duty use are the military rejects but are still OK for civilian use and have passed SAAMI spec but have small blemishes and were not up to the strict milspec.
the cans with NO "not for duty use" but with just a serial number are the milspec overruns that the military did not purchase and are blemish free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom