Smart Meters, Yay!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think he makes a great point about the wiretaps and their legality yet this is somehow acceptable...

Last edited by a moderator:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OG&E put one up in every home in my neighborhood. They told me all they were using the thing for was so they could read the meter with out having to send a guy out every month to read it. If that's all OG&E is doing then it doesn't seem like all that big of a deal. Seems a bit far fetched that all the things the guy in the video says can be figured out about you can be figured out by knowing when you turn on the lights or have your PC up and running. Maybe he's right, maybe not.

At this point it's probably likely that if you fight it you're gonna lose your electric service. Try going without electricity for a few days.

They've got ya by the balls.

Of course we've got an attorney on this board who like to talk the talk about being for the little guy and protecting us from big evil corporations. Maybe they would be willing to tackle this issue and walk the walk to protect us from big evil OG&E.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, I would rather them tax me prohibitively on my energy usage than control and restrict it outright. That way I could at least pay to play.

I have always been for taxes on consumption more than production (income) or outright prohibitions on goods. It could be like a Fair (Energy) Tax. But then, sales taxes are considered regressive and Democrats would hate that even the little man would have to pay taxes on his light bill.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one on water meter a couple of months ago. Sand Springs said they didn't have enough people to read all the meters each month. We got an "estimated" bill every other month. Seems they have a "minimum" charge, and my wife figured out they were making an "extra" $18 every other month off us (and everyone else??). She called the Public Works office and spoke to the "main Man", and he said she was the first one to bring this to his attention. Math isn't my strong point, so you all do the Math.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had those kind of electric and water meters for awhile now, all they do is read the meter remotely, no big deal, if they want to disconnect they still have to come out and manually throw the valve off and lock it, or pull the meter.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
everybody line up... get your chip implants and electronic money while they're hot!

Heck ya, if there was a way to block anyone with a RFID scanner to read the chip, I would get one in a heart beat. I already go cashless most of the time anyway, no big deal

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck ya, if there was a way to block anyone with a RFID scanner to read the chip, I would get one in a heart beat. I already go cashless most of the time anyway, no big deal

Sure there is... just get a tinfoil bracelet to cover it if it's in your hand or a hat if it's in your forehead. Problem solved.

PLUS it won't setoff the Pikespass when you go past a reader too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom