Full-Sized HK 45 Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can't forget the 2004 movie "Collateral"; Vincent (Tom Cruise) appeared to be very proficient in the use of his HK USP .45.

I know, I know its Tom Cruise and its only a movie -- Hey the briefcase HK G36 rifle in Mission Impossible III was cool also.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are HK appearances in all kinds of movies, he was stating that the HK 45 has only made an appearance in The Book of Eli and it is one used and abused looking HK 45. Like stated in the review very few people realize it is a completely different weapon than USP's.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's reliable- I've got a few rounds down the tube with no hiccup, but who cares if it isn't in the 1,000's. Larry Vickers (Ninja Delta Spec-Ops Missle-Man who also helped design the HK 45) has a specimen that did 50,000 documented rounds in 8 months and broke only a spring. When taking a look under the hood it is clear that this thing is a tank. The $500 extra dollars becomes apparent when you realize that this gun literally is built like a brick-you know what-house. The recoil spring is as thick as my thumb. They designed this gun for the Joint Combat Pistol program for the U.S. Gov & it shows. The floor plate for the magazine is some NATO Spec hell-boot that looks like you could pound a tent stake with it. It's fantastically bomb-proof inside and out, not a suprise for the USP aficionado, but for us HK virgins its a pleasant suprise. I plan to take this one to the house, so we'll see. Here's Vicker's HK 45. http://pistol-training.com/archives/4027

That is actually Todd Louis Green's gun, Vickers was the man who shot the 50000th round. A few members on here including myself shot it during the 50,000 round challenge last May when Todd was in town teaching his Aim Fast Hit Fast class.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is TLG and yes he can flat shoot. My claim to fame is I managed to beat him once on a WHO pick up headshot drill.

He comes to OKCGC once a year to teach its well worth attending.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff, for a great review of a fine handgun. I know quite a few people who think the HK 45 is over-priced at approx. $1000, but then you can spend $1000 or more on any one of a number of M1911s--some of which might actually work! I had a 4 inch Kimber CDP II that cost more than a grand, and, after getting the "updated" replacement slide stop from Kimber, it became about halfway reliable. Had I spent that money on the always reliable HK, I would have been a lot happier. Thanks again for your review, I know you put a lot of effort into it.
Ron

Latest posts

Top Bottom