Pawning a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure which forum to post this in, hope I chose well.

I need to pawn my handgun and was wondering if anyone here has had experience in doing this? I am only needing money until my paycheck on Thursday, so I will be getting it out quickly. Is there anything special I need to do besides make sure it is empty when taking it in? I have read a lot of good things about King's Pawn in Del City and will try to use them. I don't know of any others in my area that pawn guns.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a real easy process, just take it in unloaded in a case of some sort. The only thing that sucks is they're only going to loan you about 25% of what the gun is actually worth because they have to be able to make a good profit on it if for some reason you weren't able to pay back the loan.
Some pawn shops require you to have a gun lock when you come back to fill out the 4473 and pick up the firearm.

Deadpool405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I t has a gun lock already. Is the 4473 the same form you fill out when you buy a gun? Th 25% is a little nerve racking, I was needing around $100. Oh well, I will have to make due.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I t has a gun lock already. Is the 4473 the same form you fill out when you buy a gun? Th 25% is a little nerve racking, I was needing around $100. Oh well, I will have to make due.

Yes, the 4473 is the same form you fill out at the gun shop.
The 25% thing sucks, but they do it so they can make a profit if they end up getting stuck with it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bills in claremore does 50% of a guns value. Some places make you have a gun lock on it. Sadly, most all of my guns are in pawn and its going to cost me alot to get them all out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom