Places to pan for gold in oklahoma or nw arkansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None worth trying in oklahoma I had the same itch a couple years ago your best bet is to research where there is still plenty(west coast,nevada I believe etc) and plan a trip and hope you get lucky. Alaska too.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching to gold mining show on the Outdoor channel this morning and the show was talking about gold mining in Oklahoma. They talked about some caves by Muskogee. Went with a group around OKC in the Arkansas River. And a couple of other places. Might try to find that show online.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We pan when we are in the Rockies. There is places around Rogers and Fayetteville. We are planning on taking the kids during fall break, for a weekend. We will take the panning gear and the metal detector.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
on 69 hiway between Chouteau and Wagner there is a couple volcanic vents (funny looking hills) on the east side of the road. 30 years ago a geologist friend told me those would be a good place to look.
the people that owned it wouldn't give permission back then. don't know about today.
if theres a creek running from them, might try permission from a neighbor.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys i live by locust grove i may have 2 check out that place by chouteau i always heard they was indian burial grounds but whgat you said makes more sence.I have some alsome places to look for arrowheads were you can find 6 or 7 all the time i will be willing to trade someone that can find or take me 2 a good place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom