Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default What time does it actually start getting light? When to get in stand?

On the weather website it shows sunup at 7:35, but I was wondering what time it actually gets light. Do you think being at my spot on the ground at 6:30 in the morning is to late?

Default Re: What time does it actually start getting light? When to get in stand?

I really like to be sitting in my stand by 6, thats pretty well the standard for me, and I still ran deer off on the way to my stand opening morning. it actually starts getting light around 6:50-7:00, so IMO 6:30 is a little late, but all depends on your area, if your in thick woods it will take a little longer to get daylight, but I'm in light woods/pasture and it gets light quicker.
    Feed back http://www.okshooters.com/forums/sho...t=rebelracer79

Quote Originally Posted by r00s7a View Post
    And simply because I'm top of the food chain and I can.
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

Default Re: What time does it actually start getting light? When to get in stand?

I'd say twilight is at 6:45-7:00, maybe a little earlier. Personally, I try to get in there atleast 45 minutes before I can see without a light. Lets everything calm down to what noise you do make after coming in.

I'm a hour before shooting time person. But a buddy that can't get out of bed before 7 kills them too. I just love hearing the woods wake up around me. My favorite time of the day.
    I'm not biased

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Im also in the stand by about 6am or a little before. I like to catch a little catnap before the sun comes up though

About an hour before daybreak for us.
    Sportbikes, guns, steak, and women.

I've been getting into the stand around 6:30 and that seems plenty early to me. I am still sitting there in the dark for quite a while before it gets light enough to see anything. One of my buddies that has done a lot of research in deer habits for OSU keeps telling me that if I really want to kill a big buck to sleep in and go out and get into the stand around 9 am. It would have worked fine with the biggest buck I have ever killed last year since I shot him at 10:30 in the morning.
    Go Pokes!

Currently, I get in the stand between 5:30 a.m. & 6:00 a.m. then relax until my feeder goes off @ 7:00 a.m.
    Deer usually arrive to chew on acorns & corn around 7:30 to 9:30. If there is a full moon expect the deer to move later.

I been getting into my stand by 5:30.
    When i hunted public land i was always the first one in and last one out.

45mins to a hour before daybreak

My opinion, get there when you want to. With morning hunting, there probably isn't a time when you won't risk spooking something. They've been up way before you have, so they're already gonna be out and about. On my game cams I see activity all throughout the night, but they seem to bed down around 4 under the feeder, just hanging out, then before dawn they get up and start wandering around some more. I doubt they all follow the same pattern, so there is no definitive rule they go by. That is one reason I like evening hunts. You can nearly always get there before they are moving with less chance of spooking something. But like DH said, I love seeing morning come alive. Best part of the day. Second best part of the day is walking out of the field at dusk, with another fine day outdoors behind you.
    I'd like a chance to shoot at an educated man once in my life.

Depending on the day you want to know, google it and google will tell you exactly what time sun up is supposed to be in that area that day.
    My Feedback Thread

Legal shooting time is a half-hour before official sunrise, and I like to be in my stand AT LEAST a half-hour prior to that. So, if sunrise is at 0730, I'm gonna' be there no later than 0630. Go to sunrisesunset to get actual sunrise and sunset times for where you are hunting.
    My feedback:
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...ghlight=Drc458

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.