What time does it actually start getting light? When to get in stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion, get there when you want to. With morning hunting, there probably isn't a time when you won't risk spooking something. They've been up way before you have, so they're already gonna be out and about. On my game cams I see activity all throughout the night, but they seem to bed down around 4 under the feeder, just hanging out, then before dawn they get up and start wandering around some more. I doubt they all follow the same pattern, so there is no definitive rule they go by. That is one reason I like evening hunts. You can nearly always get there before they are moving with less chance of spooking something. But like DH said, I love seeing morning come alive. Best part of the day. Second best part of the day is walking out of the field at dusk, with another fine day outdoors behind you.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legal shooting time is a half-hour before official sunrise, and I like to be in my stand AT LEAST a half-hour prior to that. So, if sunrise is at 0730, I'm gonna' be there no later than 0630. Go to sunrisesunset to get actual sunrise and sunset times for where you are hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom