So I thought it was time...and all went well on my 1st!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So at the age of 26 I had never been Deer hunting. Well my fiance's family has a bunch of land up in NW OK, so I loaded up my 308 rem. 700 tactical, some snacks water and knives in the truck and headed out. I left my house in OKC at 3am, yep 3 to da$n early am, and was in the stand at 630. I got a doe and a buck tag figuring to get one or the other.... After missing a super 8 point due to a hard cross wind, I sat just seeing deer run threw the neighbors land all day. I stood up in the blind just before 3pm and was looking around where they had been crossing all day and didn't see crap. I turned around just in time and saw this guy top a hill at about 80 yards behind me. I took my shot, seen him drop spin then jump and run, after a little tracking (20 yards) I found him dead in the trail to drive back to the blind. Needless to say he came home full of ice.... I know he isn't the biggest but for my first deer I wont complain. And I was able to find the 168gr Amax bullet that took him down. Turns out it exploded half of his heart, and lodged in the opposite ribs just under the hide.

i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_CIMG0778.jpg

decent 6 point with some tender tasty meet (had some tender loins for a victory dinner)

dressed it out by myself also a 1st for me
i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_CIMG0779.jpg

fiance wanted to use her new camera
i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_f66e45cb.jpg

also found this while out too
i876.photobucket.com_albums_ab325_88gmchog_Guns_fb7434ad.jpg

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
do'nt know if i should congrat you more on your first buck or the fiance that has alot of land in nw okla,anyway a big congrats on your first deer and hope you have many more to follow and a big big congrats on the fiance.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, its her family's land and its family only hunting. That means low pressure and a chance for some nice shooters. Going back up Wednesday evening for a doe. To top it off this guy is all natural no feeder was set out this year, just clovers and wheat.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
congrats man, the first one is always special. what part of the state? i was in the cleo springs area this weekend. btw,nice find on the skull. i bleach those out and hang them in the garage(wife hates it) and i think they're cool.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats man, the first one is always special. what part of the state? i was in the cleo springs area this weekend. btw,nice find on the skull. i bleach those out and hang them in the garage(wife hates it) and i think they're cool.

yep he was, up in the nash area....yea i like the skull too the spine and lower jaw was there too...

Latest posts

Top Bottom