broken safety on Walther

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all, here is my problem. I have a Walther PPK/S (.380), I do enjoy shooting the gun and even carry it from time to time when I can carry my normal CCW.
It has has a hard life. Several years ago, I hit a deer with my motorcycle, the gun got scraped up pretty good on one side when it went sliding. I got up (nothing broken) picked it up, looked at the deer, he stood up and ran off.
It has since seen a few more abbrasive drops on gravel roads and such from going off the side of the ATV's and such, but to me, it is still an awesome shooting pistol (super accurate).
Yesterday I was cleaning and playing with it, and the lever switch (one the left hand side of the slide)on broke off. The gun is still fully functioning, but no longer can I easily flip the manual safety on which is also the de-cocker.

Do I leave it as is, or get it fixed? Do I see if S&W will fix it, or try to get the part myself and get it fixed?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who made it? Interarms or S&W ? if its an Interarms gun I doubt S&W will touch it.
probably be best to contact Interarms for parts if they still exist or Numrich.
make sure when you order to specify blue or stainless.
the part is pretty easy to install yourself.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk to Paul at S&W. They will work on an Interarms Walther, I sent my Dad's to them after a local store had it for 7 months. Paul fixed it for free and had it back to me in under 2 weeks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who made it? Interarms or S&W ? if its an Interarms gun I doubt S&W will touch it.
probably be best to contact Interarms for parts if they still exist or Numrich.
make sure when you order to specify blue or stainless.
the part is pretty easy to install yourself.

Surjimmy is correct, they did some work for me too on an Interarms PPK/S. But Numrich has the parts for this issue and it's an easy install. I'd go go to Numrich and look at the exploded view and get the associated parts (springs and things) in the upper receiver portion while you're at it and go ahead and get 'er tuned up. There's a plunger that goes in the detent on that saftey lever on the inside that can get worn from flipping it off and on over time (or like in motorscooter wrecks, etc) why not get that lil bitty piece as well while your at it? Holler if you need any help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom