Custom-size basic shower doors in Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, we just re-did our master shower. It's odd-sized with a 52 1/2" opening. Most doors go up to 48" or are 56" and above. Nothing I've found "off the rack" will work. After being blown-off multiple times at multiple locations of Lowe's and Home Depot, it seems they have custom ordering "available", but no one in the stores either knows how or is inclined to help us get anything ordered.

I have looked online, finding mostly more off-the-rack type stuff, or ridiculously overpriced custom stuff for fancy "modern" looks or frameless, etc.

I just want a basic, decent-looking set of shower doors, but have an odd size. Price, looking around $200-400 hopefully. We went to the trouble to rebuild this shower with the Schluter Kerdi shower system to make it waterproof and durable for years to come and we just want to get it back in working order. I haven't used my master shower in like 14 months and I'm ready to get back in business here... no tub, shower only.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tulsa area, preferably, as I said.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked out their website... their online design tool is useless. Let's you choose one of three colors, and that's the end of it. Nothing about sizing, pricing, availability, etc. Guess I'd have to contact a dealer, but if they're pricey, I probably won't go for it. I just don't NEED anything fancy. I've got a shower rod I can put up if I need to... may have to just go with that and skip out on doors altogether.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used and recommended Tulsa Glass, very happy with them, talk to Steve the owner. His SIL is a member on here and is now one of Tulsa's Finest, great folks.

Outside of custom frameless glass, which looks great, but will cost you over $1000(my 48" opening was about $1300 if I remember correctly), I would recommend a curved shower rod and and clear curtain. This is what we did in out main bath for the kids and it works great. Easy clean up, and the curtain gets replaced about once a year for $20.

You've spent alot on the shower to make it nice, try not to cheap out on the door, you will be glad you spent the extra $$ for frameless glass.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've spent alot on the shower to make it nice, try not to cheap out on the door, you will be glad you spent the extra $$ for frameless glass.

I'm not sure what makes frameless glass worth anything extra, per se. Any insight? Personally, I just want some functional but nice-appearing sliding doors. The bathroom isn't fancy, and it's basic 6" ceramic tile... putting in expensive glass or doors is like slapping lipstick on a pig, if you ask me. Seriously, I'm open to suggestions if there is a real functional reason why something is a better option, but outside of appearing fancy, I don't see the need.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contact a local glass company. It's a shame to have spent all that money on a Schluter install and then have to hang a cheap shower curtain.

It wasn't too bad... the Schluter system was about an extra $600 and we have a good bit left over. it saved having to have a shower pan built, so that probably offsets some of the cost.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what makes frameless glass worth anything extra, per se. Any insight? Personally, I just want some functional but nice-appearing sliding doors. The bathroom isn't fancy, and it's basic 6" ceramic tile... putting in expensive glass or doors is like slapping lipstick on a pig, if you ask me. Seriously, I'm open to suggestions if there is a real functional reason why something is a better option, but outside of appearing fancy, I don't see the need.

It's all just lipstick, they function just like any other covering or door, they keep the water in the shower.

Seriously check out the curved rod and curtain, you will be into it under $100, will perform just as well as $400 sliders, plus it actually gives you some extra room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom