Anybody else catch this 12-hour stomach bug going around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 7 AM this morning the wife and I wake up to hear, "Mommy, Daddy, I'm throwing up!". I'm feeling fine at this point so I think nothing of it, maybe the kiddo picked up something gross from one of the little petri dishes in her class or maybe the chicken she had last night wasn't sitting well in her stomach. She throws up, says she feels better and she lays back down in bed. I wake up at 9 AM feeling hot, sweaty, and a bit nauseous. Daughter's laying on the couch saying she's not feeling well again. She gets sick a few more times throughout the day and is feeling perfect by 5ish. By 10-10:30 AM I'm pooping sweet tea while projectile vomiting in a trash can in my lap. I have never puked this hard. This is an ongoing thing for several hours, about every 30 minutes or so.

I was taking Pepto and Imodium AD, but I might as well have been swallowing aquarium gravel because it wasn't staying down long enough to dissolve. I've been sleeping on and off all day and finally woke up an hour ago feeling much better. I still have the sweet tea problem, but I feel perfectly fine now. There hasn't been one thing in common we've eaten the last couple of days due to schedules and such, so I'm not thinking it's food poisoning. It could just be an isolated stomach bug, but if it's something that's going around then I feel very sorry for those of you about to get it. I was laying in bed thinking I'd gladly take a few days of the flu I had last year if I didn't have to go through another hour of this. One of the worst 10-12 hour rides I've had in a long time.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had somthing similar, but without the puking, I woke up several times throughout the night, alternating between sweating bullets and freezing cold, woke up and crapped my guts out, went to work with body aches all over, took a couple doses of dayquil and suffered through the day came home went to sleep at 7 pm woke up about 2 ish feeling fine.

O

OkieGentleman

I hope you recover better than I did. Two weeks and I still feel bad. But I think being older has something to do with the longer recovery time.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids have had the 2-3 day temperature and feeling bad thing. No puking and duking like you though Danny Tanner. Maybe you need some pamprin or something for your issue? :)

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my wife had it around new year's eve.

Fortunately I didn't catch it.

and yeah there's nothing like your kids waking up in the middle of the night to proclaim the mess that just happened.

remember that adults can do BRATY as well.

Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast
Yogurt

normally I just exclude the toast. Yogurt works great though.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anything good comes from going through that is, at least you know you're cleaned out. Good advice when having the stomach bug, do not sneeze.

Latest posts

Top Bottom