What are those itty bitty black flying bugs in my apartment???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you brought any new plants into you apartment? I had something similar to this and it turned out that some flowers I brought in had eggs in the soil and they were hatching.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Napalm is still the ultimate solution to this problem. I can guarantee your bugs will be gone.

Seriously though, I'm glad I read this thread. I've always attributed them to bannanas but I'll start bleaching the drains too if I see them flying round.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not termites for sure, and no plants, new or old. I think sewer flies/gnats is probably what they are and I'm trying the bleach solution right now. I'll give an update in a day or two. Thanks to all who have responded.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had them. did the vinegar trap. it works better with cider vinegar.

now we did have a problem with houseflies. we didn't make a lot of trash, and my wife would bake a cake or something and just toss the shell (or two, whatever it called for) in the trash. i'd come by the trash and there'd appear to be nothing in it, so i'd not take it out. let that sit for about 4 days and you'll be doing a lot of sweeping.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it sounds there is a breach in the sewer line somewhere. normally the traps in the drains keep the gnats in the pipes. the only way they can get out is through the vent pipes(usually vented outside on the roof) or through a broken or rotted out drain pipe. if you don't get the breach repaired, they will be back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom