Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need money, out of gas scam...

Everyone watch your six, in the last 2 days I have been hit up 3 times by people who state the same problem, I live out of town/state, I am out of gas and need some gas money, no one will take my moms ATM card over the phone without the card being here. Yesterday at work was the first time, again that day and this morning while I was getting gas. Each time I say Sorry, cant help. Its a scam going around Ada.
    Feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?18155-1shott

From my cold dead hands....

Default Re: Need money, out of gas scam...

It's a scam goning around the country for the last (insert large figure) number of years

just ribbin' ya after the recent scam thread

Jckellison

I always look at them with a blank stare, then start moving my hands as if I were deaf... Works every time.

several years ago i watched my Aunt give a homeless guy money for gas. He proceeded to act like he was messing with the pump. She just stood there and stared at him for a long time till he got mad and just walked off. She justified giving him money because he was probably a veteran.
    I am entitled to whatever you have.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog1
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!

My feedback
    https://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...32#post2231332

I've had that happen to me a short time ago. I asked them if they wanted to work for me a couple of hours for the gas, and was told they didn't have time!

Quote Originally Posted by 870WingBlaster View Post
    It's a scam goning around the country for the last (insert large figure) number of years

just ribbin' ya after the recent scam thread
    LOL its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Popjim View Post
    I've had that happen to me a short time ago. I asked them if they wanted to work for me a couple of hours for the gas, and was told they didn't have time!
    They never do.

Patron

I usually tell them that the local ..Police Dept...can help them with that debit card...and offer to give them a call....just to be helpful..

Natural selection, don't intervene. Kennedy

I just tell them if you had aired up your tires like Barack said you wouldn't be in this situation.

Osu73

got hit up in the Walmart parking lot in Norman on friday same scam

Yeah that ones been around a while. Be careful though, we had a couple pull that a few times near the restaurant i was working at the time. At one point, they robbed one of the girls I worked with.

Guy in a new ext cab dodge, on 24's with dealer tags, custom paint etc, wearing snakeskin boots aand a leather jacket pulled this crap on me the other day on 240. Pissed me off, dressed nicer than me, nicer vehicle than me, cant afford to feed the guzzler he just bought.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    Guy in a new ext cab dodge, on 24's with dealer tags, custom paint etc, wearing snakeskin boots aand a leather jacket pulled this crap on me the other day on 240. Pissed me off, dressed nicer than me, nicer vehicle than me, cant afford to feed the guzzler he just bought.
    Hey my boots aren't just "snakeskin" they're Python.

(just kidding, that couldn't have been me, my jacket matches)
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates.
    “The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”― Theodore Roosevelt
    My feedback.

I like the one that goes,
    Him, "Hey man help a Viet Nam vet"
    Me "How old are you?"
    He "38".
    Me, "You were pretty young when you were in Viet Nam huh?" or "Were you on our side?"
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates.
    “The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”― Theodore Roosevelt
    My feedback.

Yes and old scam. Quite often they hang around a Car Wash? I have been approached numerous times. Usually something like me and the wife, just can't make it home to Timbuktu, for some unexplainable reason which is no fault of their own, they don't have the money for gas, repairs, etc. Some even carry a empty gas can. If you tell them you cant help and they have hit up everyone in the area , their "out of gas car" mysteriously runs on vapors as they continue in search of the next sucker. 2 days ago a fine Gentleman approached me at a car wash, as I was washing the Vehicle. "Hey Brother" he said as he approached me between my vehicle and the car wash wall. I really didn't want to give him a shower, even though he may have been in need. I pointed my free finger at him at told him to " Get Back" . He seemed somewhat saddened by my refusal to listen to his spiel, as he continued through the stalls in search of his next free lunch.