Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
    Franktank

Smile Benelli Supernova Tactical - Best place to buy mag extension and other stuff

I just bought a Benelli Supernova Tactical, it's my first gun. I loved the look and it felt like it was "mine" when I shouldered it. I now need a little advice on where to get a magazine extension, an inexpensive case, and what sort of extra safety measure to add for safe storage. Trigger lock, cable lock, or what? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Franktank

Default Re: Benelli Supernova Tactical - Best place to buy mag extension and other stuff

Default Re: Benelli Supernova Tactical - Best place to buy mag extension and other stuff

2, 3, or 4 round extension tubes here:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...-EXTENSION-KIT

Btw, congrats on the shotgun. I had a Benelli supernova and wish I never would have gotten rid of it. Best pump shotgun I have ever handled.
    My Feedback

------------

Franktank

Thanks OkiTac! Many thanks for the information and the case!

I got my Nordic mag extension from Cactus Tactical http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/no...ns-p-1224.html

Great parts, and the company has excellent customer service.

As to the shotgun? Everyone I've let shoot it has said the same thing about how smooth it is and how much they like shooting it. My friend, a small-framed female, says it's comfortable enough that she can put a box of shells through it with no problem.

For mag tube extensions, don't settle for cheap. Stick with Benelli mag tube extensions (impossible to find, waaaay expensive) or Nordic Components. You want this +2 mag extension here http://www.midwayusa.com/product/528...-2-round-matte

If you follow the direction and trim the springs the way they tell you to, you will find that it is really a +3 shell extension (if using 2 3/4" shells.) I have this with my Benelli Supernova Tactical and I can fit +3 with this. There's other cheaper mag tubes and if you don't ever shoot much with it, they're "adequate." However, more often than not, the cheaper brands fail the most. Usually results in a failure to feed and/or jamming up the action.

For a 6 shotshell side carrier, go with Mesa Tactical. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/715...aluminum-matte

Again, the cheaper alternative may be "adequate" if you only shoot it once a year or so, but I've seen more tapco side shotshell carriers fall apart and come loose at the range than any others. I've also seen carriers that get loose and shells just fall out / flop out. Mesa Tactical carriers are made out of solid aluminum and the shell holders have a rubber gasket that holds the rounds in tight and snug. No modifications are needed, these just screw in to the top of the receiver where the existing factory-drilled and tapped holes are located. It also adds picatinny rails up top as a bonus.

Here is a pic of my Benelli SuperNova Tactical with a Nordic Components +2 (+3 in reality) mag tube extension and Mesa Tactical +6 shotshell side saddle. Also shown is the Nordic Components barrel clamps that clamps the mag tube extension with the barrel. Not needed, but it's there. It also provides just enough rail space if I wanted to add a light.

Last edited by aestus; 05-06-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the cheap crap. You got a badass Benelli, not a cheap remington 870 so treat it right by getting a nordic components mag tube.
    BOOMER SOONER

My Feedback

Franktank

Nice pic aestus! Your butt pad is different than mine, is it aftermarket or did Benelli make a change?

Thank you all for the advice! Once I make a purchase I'll post a pic.

Is there anyone in OK that sells the benelli mag extension? I just picked up a supernova tactical today and need a mag extension as it only holds 3 3.5" shells. I'm also looking for a foregrip with rails, and a collapsible stock

Does anyone know(care) whether adding an extension tube to a benelli violates the 922R ordinance under I believe atf. I own a supernova but was always under the impression there were legalities to mag extensions.

Here is mine. I forgot what it is, but I bought it at H&H and I think I paid around $40. I had problems with it originally with it not wanting to feed the last round, so I ordered a spring from Nordic Components and have not had any problems with it since. Don't short stroke it or it will get jammed, but that's true of any pump shottie I think.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jestik Benelli Nova.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	35453
    "I think he's a biscuit maker at Carl's Jr." - OklahomaBassin

"Only five-shot groups count" - Me

My Feedback Thread - https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?191576-Jestik