Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default Winchester M-22 ammo review

I just got through running about 100 rounds of this stuff through my 10/22 takedown, and thought I'd post a quick review. It came in a 1000 round bulk pack, but there are actually two 500 round boxes inside. I looked several rounds over, and it was much nicer and cleaner than typical Federal or Winchester bulk stuff--it seemed to shoot a little cleaner as well. Accuracy was surprisingly good. At 20 yards, it was pretty common to put successive rounds through the same hole. No failures of any kind, which is more than I can say for the Federal which I usually shoot. Overall, I was pretty impressed, and I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks.
    "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." ---Adam Smith

"Ya don't weigh in, ya don't wrassle" --- Mac

"We sometimes forget the power of "NO.". "NO." has unique properties. It doesn't invite further discussion. It doesn't respond well to queries or parsing language. It is what it is, a powerful, simple statement of fact. There is no "why?", there is simply "NO"." --- Glocktogo

Quote Originally Posted by Pokem807
    I just got through running about 100 rounds of this stuff through my 10/22 takedown, and thought I'd post a quick review. It came in a 1000 round bulk pack, but there are actually two 500 round boxes inside. I looked several rounds over, and it was much nicer and cleaner than typical Federal or Winchester bulk stuff--it seemed to shoot a little cleaner as well. Accuracy was surprisingly good. At 20 yards, it was pretty common to put successive rounds through the same hole. No failures of any kind, which is more than I can say for the Federal which I usually shoot. Overall, I was pretty impressed, and I think it's worth the extra couple of bucks.
    Thanks. I'm running low on .22 and the last time we went out my son's 10/22 was choking bigtime on Federal bulk pack. I'll try some of the Winchester.
    Anti-Lock Evangelist #2

FEEDBACK

Default Re: Winchester M-22 ammo review

is that the stuff thats designed for semi-auto use? i was reading the box and wondered if it was worth the extra coin. been stocking up on 22 as the election nears

Newcomer

I have been shooting it in all the 22's I have and had the same results as pokem. Cycles as well as minimags in my Walther p22and it is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by okroyal View Post
    I have been shooting it in all the 22's I have and had the same results as pokem. Cycles as well as minimags in my Walther p22and it is cheaper.
    good to know. i have a berreta 21a that only works with cci. maybe i'll try the m22 round.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbleak View Post
    is that the stuff thats designed for semi-auto use? i was reading the box and wondered if it was worth the extra coin. been stocking up on 22 as the election nears
    Yeah, this is the ammo Winchester developed specifically for the high-capacity, AR-style .22s. I balked a little bit at the price, but now I'm sold on it. Between the accuracy and no failures to fire/extract/eject, the extra couple of bucks was money well spent.
    "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." ---Adam Smith

"We sometimes forget the power of "NO.". "NO." has unique properties. It doesn't invite further discussion. It doesn't respond well to queries or parsing language. It is what it is, a powerful, simple statement of fact. There is no "why?", there is simply "NO"." --- Glocktogo

Where is the best place to buy it? How much does the 1000 rounds run?

Newcomer

Got mine at wallyworld for $47. I believe Bass Pro had it for $49.

slammed03gmc

I bought a 1000 rounds of m-22 last week from Academy for $45
    Shots great in my Taurus Tracker 990.

Glad to hear this, my .22's didn't like Winchester ammo before. Might have to try a k or so of it.
    "I'd rather be happy than right." - Slartibartfast Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Byrd's Feedback

Newcomer

Walmart was $46 last week.

Well, just finished off the first 500 round box of M-22. No failures of any kind, and accuracy was exceptional with my 10/22-TD. Now I just have to snag a case of the stuff every week or so until Wal-Mart decides to stop stocking it.