Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Guns welcome sign

Hey Shooters,
    I have seen peoples concerns about gun buster signs, and how they will take there buisness elsewhere if they see a sign where they shop. I totally understand this. I am a buisness owner, and i am pro gun, hell, doctor told me that my blood type changed to NRA+ this year. What i wanted to do for Nov 1st was place a sign at my door stating people are welcome to bring in there legally carried firearms into my store. One concern that i do have is people removing there firearm from there holster to show somebody there firearm, and a discharge occuring in the store. So i wanted to mention on the sign that all though firearms are welcome in the store, please keep them holstered. Now i know some people will make a fuss out of that, me asking them to keep them holstered. Can you shooters help me word a sign that can in a friendly manner inform the public that they CAN bring their firearms into the store, but keep them holstered for everybody's safety. My 2year old daughter is in and out of the store all day long, my mom and wife are constantly in here too, plus my employees and customers. I know the odds of someone unintentionally discharging there firearm in my store are slime, but so are my odds of getting robbed. (but i still prepare for that moment) I am horrible at putting my thoughts on paper(you can see by reading this post) and know that many of you are good at it. Can you help me create a friendly pro 2A sign for my store? I would like it to be on a 8.5x11 paper( but open to ideas). I also want to know if the MODS/ OSA STAFF would mind if i included the OSA logo on the sign? Any help would be appreciated. Heck i just had an idea where OSA can make these signs and distribute them to pro guns buisness' to promote safe carrying/ gun safety! just an idea, i would pay for my sign if osa made them.

Default Re: Guns welcome sign

Do something like this http://wisconsingunowners.org/pro-ccw-signs/ Big Pro Gun then caveat that with small print.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. HK View Post
    Do something like this http://wisconsingunowners.org/pro-ccw-signs/ Big Pro Gun then caveat that with small print.
    I like that sign. But it does not mention gun safety/ keeping firearm holstered while on premisis. I know most of the firearm community will keep them arms holstered until needed, it's just that ONE who wont that im afraid of.

"All holstered weapons are welcome!"

Quote Originally Posted by AdvantageR1 View Post
    "All holstered weapons are welcome!"
    That's short and sweet. I like it.

We would like to ask that all firearms remain holstered while on the
    premises to prevent an “AD”. Thank you to all our valued customers
    for helping to support and protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Probably needs a little better wording but could be close. Ohh and run everything I say thru a spell check.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOKER View Post
    The thread had moved from the butthurt stage to the "I'll kick your ass" pm stage
    Remember 12/17/2012 some stores turned their back on the community.
    Cheaper than dirt $59.95 P-Mags
    Dicks for having a v-jj
    Kings Guns in Cushing $75.00 P-Mags
    Brigadoon in Del City $39.95 used GI mags
    Savage Trading in Yukon $800.00 per thousand
    Heartland Outdoors $49.00 P-Mags

Not sure but isn't unholstering your weapon in public without cause i.e. having to use it in defense ect. a violation? I can't imagine a law abiding citizen who's fought this long for that right to take a chance on losing it for the sake of showing off his/her firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Not sure but isn't unholstering your weapon in public without cause i.e. having to use it in defense ect. a violation? I can't imagine a law abiding citizen who's fought this long for that right to take a chance on losing it for the sake of showing off his/her firearm.
    I would figure so. I have a couple of tables where poeple can sit and eat, and I can just picture while sitting and eating they might be like"this is what I carry, you should get one of these" ......bang!!!! Or drops it on the floor or something stupid while passing his/her firearm to someone to see. I guess I'm just taking it a stretch far. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We would like to ask that all firearms remain holstered while on the
    premises to prevent an “AD”. Thank you to all our valued customers
    for helping to support and protect our Second Amendment Rights.

Probably needs a little better wording but could be close. Ohh and run everything I say thru a spell check.
    +1. Sounds good. This might be the winner.

How is this for a sign?

kinggabby's feedback
    A hand on the gun is better than a cop on the phone! That's great. I'm gonna remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggabby
    How is this for a sign?
    ^^ This!!

Quote Originally Posted by kinggabby View Post
    How is this for a sign?

lol...... I LIKE IT!

SpaceFlunky

I just printed some "no firearms allowed" signs at work today. I am working on making one for the "holstered weapons are welcome" requested also.

umm yeah, you are not to remove your firearm in public I would think.
    Reddogs Feedback

Broken Arrow National Guns™ (Type7 Dealer/Mfg FFL)
    Transfers 10.00 Per Firearm
    Call 918-892-3052 Open Mon-Fri 5:00PM to 10PM Sat and Sun 8AM to 11PM

sales@banationalguns.com

Check out our website by clicking the banner below! or click here> B.A.N.G.

****All FFL requests must go through sales@banationalguns.com please****

------------------------------ --------------------------------

AR Lowers
    AR Rifles
    Rifles
    AK's
    Magazines
    Home Defense Shotguns
    Pistols
    1911's
    Non-Lethal
    Prepper/Food
    Tannerite

Quote Originally Posted by been View Post
    ha!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    I'd still toss you a full mag from across the alley if we ever found ourselves in the same pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggabby
    How is this for a sign?
    You got my vote!!!
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government" - Thomas Jefferson