Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default Oil & Gas Leases in Central Oklahoma

Just curious if any other landowners up in Logan county have been approached by drilling companies looking to lease your land. I've started to see quite a few gas wells going up in western Logan county and would be curious what kind of yields they are getting from those wells. Is there a source out there somewhere that lists that type of data?

Default Re: Oil & Gas Leases in Central Oklahoma

OGS.OU.edu you are going to have to search for it though.

From 1975 to 2009 Logan county has produced 407263 barrels of oil and 6522196 McFs of CH4.

Wells in the Northwest of LC (Edmond West Field) arent really big producers of oil (at least I dont think). Production is something around 2/3 Natural Gas.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éirinn agus Alban!

Demum, veniunt porci

Not in Logan county but my gas leases in Pittsburg county are'nt paying JackS*** .Gas prices are loooooooow
    "I said I never had much need for a pistol,..never said I didn't know how to use one!"
    The Berettaman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YhHjJbouhU

Patron

We have a couple in Hughes County. Mostly gas wells so they haven't paid much in the past several years.

I work for Patterson-UTI drilling and we have been punching holes north of Stillwater. I asked one of the company representatives how our holes were doing last week and he said they were good producers. We're drilling for oil up there, not gas. Shallow wells, around 4000 ft vertical and 4000ft lateral.

Tons of new wells going in around Coyle over the last couple years. Most of it's 4-5k deep, mostly submersibles that are very undersized to begin with. Schlumberger and a couple ESP companies around OKC have been missing the mark on sizing big time, lots of these wells have produced 2-3x the fluid they planned on. Lots of saltwater to get rid of also... not sure what the cut is.

Natural gas stocks have taken a hit too and not just CHK.

Interesting info, thanks. Looks like I need to do some negotiating on the lease if gas is doing that poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    Natural gas stocks have taken a hit too and not just CHK.
    This is true, I've sold off almost all of my energy stuff which was in NG Trusts. Think dividends.

But I've got to say I'm kicking myself in my own a$$ too. I started to buy back into CHK since they have taken a serious hit of late. 3 weeks ago they were under $14, they closed today at 17.61 and I believe they were just north of $18 on Friday. So I missed 23% in three weeks! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!
    Feedback Link

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One Big Ass Mistake America
    Did you ever notice that when you add "The" and "IRS" you get "Theirs"?

I'm buying. I should have sold my oneok when it was in the $70+ range since I bought most in the $25 range

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    I'm buying. I should have sold my oneok when it was in the $70+ range since I bought most in the $25 range
    It ain't a bad time to buy at all if you aren't in a hurry. Natural gas is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep right now. Some spectacular gains are in store down the road a bit. But I'd hold off a bit on NG and especially oil stocks for now, I'm not sure that they are at the bottom just yet, but NG is close and oil still has a way to go. Just be ready to pull the trigger when the economy starts ticking up. CHK was an anomaly due to the recent news. The only thing I have left are XOM and BP. But I've tightened my stops and if I do stop out I'll make money on Exxon. BP I'll take a bath on.
    Feedback Link

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One Big Ass Mistake America
    Did you ever notice that when you add "The" and "IRS" you get "Theirs"?

Well, I got my butt thoroughly kicked by Bank of Ireland last year in a reverse split. But I keep telling myself, "It ain't a loss til you sell.". It doesn't make me feel better, but it gives me the illusion I know what I am doing.