Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Patron

Default 2012 -2013 Oklahoma Hunting Guide

Is finally available though only a draft. http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/la...ntingguide.htm

Default Re: 2012 -2013 Oklahoma Hunting Guide

Thanks for the heads up and posting orangeRcode

Highlights of Changes
    The following are brief descriptions of regulation changes for the 2012-2013 seasons.
    This section is intended as a reference. However, you must still be familiar with all
    laws that apply to a particular season.
    • Bear season dates and quotas have changed. The bear archery season will be
    October 1 – 21 with no harvest quota. Bear muzzleloader season will be October
    27 – November 4 with a harvest quota of 20 bears. Once that quota is reached,
    the muzzleloader season will be closed. See page 24 for complete season
    information.
    • Annual license holders must now complete the “Record of Game” section on the
    back of their license forms after harvesting an antelope or an elk. This requirement
    was already in place for deer and turkey. See page 11 for more information.
    • The season limit for youth deer gun season has changed. Youth deer hunters may
    now take either a buck and a doe or two does during the youth deer season. The
    season limit of only one antlered deer remains in effect. See page 18 for complete
    season information.
    • The use of bait, or baiting, is prohibited on lands owned or managed by the Wildlife
    Department. Baiting is defined as the placing, depositing, exposing, distributing or
    scattering of shelled, shucked or unshucked corn, wheat or other grain or feed. Salt
    or minerals that do not contain corn or other feed are not considered bait. See page
    38 for more information and page 25 for specific examples..
    • Restrictions against harvesting white (albino or piebald) deer have been removed.
    See page 17 for more information.
    • For the 2013 spring turkey season, the turkey limit for the following counties has
    been reduced to a one-tom limit: Osage, Kay, Grant, Pawnee, Creek, Payne, Logan,
    Canadian, Lincoln, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Hughes, Seminole, Pottawatomie, McClain,
    Grady, Pontotoc, Garvin, Johnston, Murray, Carter, Love, Washington, Nowata,
    Craig, Wagoner, Cherokee, Adair, Muskogee, McIntosh, Sequoyah and Haskell
    counties. See page 26 for complete season information.
    • Rules for ATV use on Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area have changed in
    accordance with landowner stipulations. For more information, see page 46.
    • Hunters pursuing small game or furbearers with a rifle larger than a .22 caliber
    after September in an area with an antelope season no longer have to carry a valid
    antelope license. See page 16 for complete season information.
    • It is unlawful to possess an American alligator.
    • Effective Sept. 1, enclosed trigger traps will be permitted as legal trap methods. See
    page 35 for more information.
    • Effective Nov. 1, repeat poachers may lose their hunting or fishing licenses after a
    second conviction.
    • Effective Nov. 1, the Judas pig tagging system will be permitted for use on feral
    hogs. See page 33 for more information.
    I would have liked for the "repeat poacher" to say "will" loose licenses instead of "may" loose license.
    "A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody". Thomas Paine

The special youth gun season is October 14 - 16 2012. Heads up Okla Youth Hunting and Shooting Program Volunters

Gotta check out the trigger trap thing. Don't know if I'm familar with what that means.
    I'm not biased

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Gotta check out the trigger trap thing. Don't know if I'm familar with what that means.
    Think they're referring to a "coon cuff".

http://www.fntpost.com/Categories/Tr...of+Coon+Traps/
    "A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody". Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    The special youth gun season is October 14 - 16 2012. Heads up Okla Youth Hunting and Shooting Program Volunters
    Deer Slayer, the ODWC has the youth gun season set for Oct. 19-21.

We can shoot white deer now.
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dustingaunder View Post
    I support the second amendment, but...

Anything that comes after makes you look like a fool.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie4570

Think they're referring to a "coon cuff".

http://www.fntpost.com/Categories/Tr...of+Coon+Traps/
    Ok I know what those are. There is a guy in Kansas named Duffer, that builds and sells this style of trap. I bought one awhile back before finding out it was not legal. Have to dig around and see if I still have it.
    I'm not biased

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

• Restrictions against harvesting white (albino or piebald) deer have been removed.
    See page 17 for more information.
    Finally. That was one of the more retarded laws out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Ok I know what those are. There is a guy in Kansas named Duffer, that builds and sells this style of trap. I bought one awhile back before finding out it was not legal. Have to dig around and see if I still have it.
    I did the same about 6 years ago, I see the price has gone up quite a bit since then.

Patron

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperx4 View Post
    Deer Slayer, the ODWC has the youth gun season set for Oct. 19-21.
    This will be my son's first season to hunt. I think I'm more excited than he is.

Heck, I'm 33 and this will be my first year to hunt deer.

OOPSIE!, I must have misread the regs. Thank you sleeperx4 for pointing my mistake out.

Patron

Quote Originally Posted by meatGrinder View Post
    Heck, I'm 33 and this will be my first year to hunt deer.
    I'm sure you will love it. I didn't start til I was in my late 30s. I had never owned a high powered rifle. I had always had shotguns and did alot of bird hunting. I have a buddy up in north central oklahoma that has a nice place we put up 4-5 stands in. Now I hunt primative and gun season and always limit out (my son is trying to talk me into getting a bow also). My boy just turned 9 and went last year with me last year but only sat in the stand and watched.

It is truly one of the most enjoyable things I do. I get excited late in the summer when we mow and set up the stands. Can't wait for this season, hope my boy bags his first deer!