Cowboy Hats: Felt, or Straw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pardon me, but isn't that a man wearing a skirt in your avatar?! What you do with your free time is your business, but I'm just sayin'.... Love ya' man!

We also like to play with wood...

www.pdphoto.org_jons_pictures2_celtic_5_bg_081802.jpg

All I am saying is "cowboy" hats just look foolish to me. Just my opinion. I have done everything from working as a hand for a large animal vet, to team roping in the USTRC out at the E and the most cover that has ever been on my head has been a ballcap(and thats only because some ropings require head cover, dont know why... stoopid rule.).

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We also like to play with wood...

www.pdphoto.org_jons_pictures2_celtic_5_bg_081802.jpg

All I am saying is "cowboy" hats just look foolish to me. Just my opinion. I have done everything from working as a hand for a large animal vet, to team roping in the USTRC out at the E and the most cover that has ever been on my head has been a ballcap(and thats only because some ropings require head cover, dont know why... stoopid rule.).
As have I. Hell, I used to work at the E over at the ranch. Ball caps are much more effiecient. And I would like to crucify whoever thought it was a good look to have the back of your straw caved in as if you couldn't afford an extended cab truck!

C

Clay

I have both. When its cold, I wear felt, when its warm, I wear straw. If your seen wearing felt in summer, people will point and laugh as would I.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some of the old hard core guys that wear beaver year round. But they are OLD! They drink coffee when it is 105 in the shade. I quit that years ago! LOL!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the first part. Second part....., not so much.

Yea, they're a little too Dr. Jones for me.

I have both. When its cold, I wear felt, when its warm, I wear straw. If your seen wearing felt in summer, people will point and laugh as would I.

Good to know. I figured it'd be ridiculously hot, and suspected there may be some formality to it as well (as you are alluding to).

Though formalities in OK are bit lax due to the heat. As in, you can wear a linen or cotton jacket well into October here without many noticing or caring, since when it is 107 in June people don't expect you to wear a jacket at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom