What presses you guys use??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking into getting a turret or progressive press soon as I only have a rock chucker and an old pacific single stage. loading a mess of .38spl or .45acp SUCKS! What kinds you guys have? why you pic that one? how well you like it? what extras you have for it or think are required?

more or less will be turning out plinking ammo for .38sp, .45 acp, .223, 30-06 M2 ball for the garand, and what ever my next semi auto pistol is (coming soon i hope).

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am using the LEE turret press. However I am kicking myself today because I had the chance to pick up a Lee Progressive 1000 for $114 yesterday at the Cabelas in Sidney NE

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to reloading, i went with the Hornady AP LNL. I have not had any problems with it, one of the reasons i went with them is cause i heard there CS was fantastic (ive heard the same about dillion) havent had to use them yet. But like i said im new, and i never had any experiance with any other brand.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how have you got along with the turret press? is it auto index? have you had to replace the plastic index bushing yet?

It is auto index but I am so OCD that I hand index. When I load its usually 9mm, 300 Blackout, and .308 so I don't load a ton all at once I kinda just load 100 at a time and then move onto something else.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have been reading it costs more to change over calibers on the dillon? especially the square deal, but it wont do rifle ammo so no go for me. whats required/recommended in a caliber swap on a dillon or hornady?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
indi said:
I am new to reloading, i went with the Hornady AP LNL. I have not had any problems with it, one of the reasons i went with them is cause i heard there CS was fantastic (ive heard the same about dillion) havent had to use them yet. But like i said im new, and i never had any experiance with any other brand.

I've been reloading since the early 80's with a rockchucker as well, but went with the hornady LNL when getting into competition shooting.
I have used their CS, and it's awesome.
My only thoughts on the red vs blue is to look down the road and see how much it costs to change calibers.
They all just go up and down and load cartridges the same Accessories down the road will determine the final cost of reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom