Dick's Sporting Goods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went to Dick's in the Tulsa Hills shopping center the other day to pick up some ammo. I bought box of bulk Ultramax .45 (yes, the cheap stuff). At checkout the cashier asked me for my license, presumably to to verify my age even though I look plenty old enough. She then appeared to enter my license number into her register. Not that I have anything to hide, but I was not happy to have my transaction documented in such a way. I know that's what the gun grabbers are pushing for, but we aren't there quite yet and gun/ammo sellers should not be so willing to adhere to outrageous restrictions before they are even law thus essentially making the "OK". Shame on Dick's Sporting Goods!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did me right the other day. Found an awesome hunting bag that was marked 19.99 but retailed for 79.99. Since they marked it wrong, they gave me the bag for the 20 bucks. I was pretty impressed they did that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They probably aren't collecting for the government but they may be collecting for marketing purposes. The checkout people at Dick's and Academy usually ask for zip code and enter it to track who is shopping from where - it also helps them determine if a new store may be required elsewhere. Your zip code is on your license and unless you are certain she copied your license number I 'd bet that is what she took down.
However, if you've confirmed that they did copy your DL#, then I would express my displeasure to the store manager and write a letter of complaint to the company about that policy.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They didnt ask for my license the last time I purchased ammo from them. If I go back to Dicks and they ask me, I may just say no you cant see it and see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom