Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What with all the cops on I-35/235???

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    I drove from the middle of Pott Co to almost yukon for almost 15 years.
    I could drive like a bat out of hell and make it there in like one hour.
    I could kick back and drive the speed limit and make it in about an hour and 5 minutes.
    I learned to kick back, enjoy the ride, and show up relaxed and alive.
    That's just me, your mileage may vary......
    Yep ... It's amazing the things you "learn" as you "ripen" ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hump66 View Post
    Get off my kool-aide mofo'! lol
    HEY! They are all at the Mansion for Stupidfest ... err ... Septemberfest ... right now ... We could go create some waves ... That would at least get you on her radar!
    In case you are wondering why I am here:

One of the owners/mods is a top member of the Oklahoma Infraguard (sic) which is a bunch of jack booted thugs getting off acting like Nazi's (sic) associated with Homeland Security. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't understand people getting offended on the Internet.
    (Oh ... and Post 12 was MINE ... ALL MINE!! )

It's obedience training for citizens. Along with the TSA, LE drones, free speech zones, swat over use, no knock increases and military arms to PDs. Don't sweat it though, it's all under control.

Quote Originally Posted by tiasman View Post
    It's obedience training for citizens. Along with the TSA, LE drones, free speech zones, swat over use, no knock increases and military arms to PDs. Don't sweat it though, it's all under control.
    ROFLMAO!! As someone who has "inside" information, I assure you, nothing could be further from the truth!

One of the owners/mods is a top member of the Oklahoma Infraguard (sic) which is a bunch of jack booted thugs getting off acting like Nazi's (sic) associated with Homeland Security. You have been warned.

I did some Military Police Work while on Active Duty and got an associates degree in Criminal Justice. Speed Limits are usually recommended by safety personnel. The limits are set mainly based upon dry road conditions and ideal weather conditions. I will freely admit though that a speeding violation can be used to search a vehicle if the driver acts in a suspicious manner. I was stopped on the H.E. Bailey turnpike once. The trooper asked me where I was going. He said that my bright lights were on. I apologized and he let me on my way. I just set cruise control for the limit. You are only going to get to your destination 5 or 10 minutes sooner by speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivesGuy View Post
    You are only going to get to your destination 5 or 10 minutes sooner by speeding.
    Depends on the distance of the drive. My house to work every day negligible at 10mph over. My house to New Orleans which we do frequently 1.5 hours difference at 10mph over on the moving average. That's 1.5 less hours I have to spend driving.

If we could do away with some of the silly interstate speed limits and turnpike speed limits I could do NOLA in 8 hours.

We did San Antonio to Tulsa once in 8 hours.
    *disclaimer Just because bettingpython says it's probably okay doesn't mean it is so. His opinons and statements are not a defense against prosecution.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken
    My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrivesGuy View Post
    I will freely admit though that a speeding violation can be used to search a vehicle if the driver acts in a suspicious manner.
    I only wish it was that simple.... There's alot more to it than that....

Quote Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
    HEY! They are all at the Mansion for Stupidfest ... err ... Septemberfest ... right now ... We could go create some waves ... That would at least get you on her radar!
    I don't want to get on her radar by getting arrested. Just wanna get on her...radar that is. We could have GC invite her to go shooting with us, then I can win her over with my puppy. Chicks dig puppies. Raya is a total chick magnet.
    "I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

97.3% Positive

Quote Originally Posted by Hump66 View Post
    I don't want to get on her radar by getting arrested. Just wanna get on her...radar that is. We could have GC invite her to go shooting with us, then I can win her over with my puppy. Chicks dig puppies. Raya is a total chick magnet.
    Believe it or not they had a fight at the Mansion yesterday. WTF is wrong with people??!?!?! Imagine those dumbasses surprised when ERT swept down on them! ROFLMAO!!

Yeah, that Raya ... she's your ticket ... Seriously ...

Blog Entries

I've been stopped twice for going the speed limit during rush hour. Both time the officers were kind and suggested I go with the flow because I was a hazard for going the limit. But I'm old and I'm not in a hurry any more. So, I just quit driving during rush hour.
    Just Stan[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COL
    Any day hunting or fishing is a day in heaven!
    If there are no dogs in heaven... not sure I want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodesbe View Post
    I've never felt more pity for an OHP officer than after seeing this video. To stand there and have some attention-deprived mommy-lover bait you into confrontation...
    I personally commend all three of those officers for their self-control, and that kid should have been slammed into a wall locker multiple times in Junior High School. Maybe he would have learned the cost of provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Upchurch View Post
    I've been stopped twice for going the speed limit during rush hour. Both time the officers were kind and suggested I go with the flow because I was a hazard for going the limit. But I'm old and I'm not in a hurry any more. So, I just quit driving during rush hour.
    Were you in the slow lane?
    In the Onion news: Jurisprudence fetishist gets off on technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengiant View Post
    to the liberals we are to stupid for all thought

Quote Originally Posted by WTJ View Post
    I personally commend all three of those officers for their self-control, and that kid should have been slammed into a wall locker multiple times in Junior High School. Maybe he would have learned the cost of provocation.
    Ummmmmm, what? Advocating criminal behavior? I guess that's the First Amendment within reason....

Quote Originally Posted by CODE_3 View Post
    The Sheriff's Office only makes $7 off of writing tickets.
    Damn, they're rich. We get $0.00 per ticket written. Guess that blows the "revenue" theory out of the water.

I have to respectfully disagree with those that don't believe staying with the flow in traffic. I ride a bike to work almost everyday. My commute is over an hour one way. It saves me mucho denaro (sp?) due to fuel savings. I see the absolute worst in drivers. Stop the stacking! The guy causing that stack because he can't be bothered to move over or stay with traffic contributes to the incidence of accidents. On more than one occasion I have witnessed this first hand. The event is usually precipitated by one lone DBag jumping lanes like a jackrabbit in heat but is sometimes caused by a single inattentive driver caught in a stack. Stacking is very dangerous. One simple rule ... stay with the flow and pay attention. Damn the speed limit - again stay with traffic. Can't begin to describe how many different ways I have been pushed onto the shoulder by jerks and cell gabbers while trying to get free of a stack. If there is a stack I will either back way off or put it behind me. Prefer them behind me...don't like witnessing accidents.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT - No I will not move closer...my house payment is very small where I live and the difference more than makes up for the higher cost of living in OKC and closer parts - if I loose my job I am more likely to be able to afford to continue to house my family. That would not be possible if I were to live in closer...yes I have tried it.
    ...where our motto is: " We're not happy until you're not happy!"

Quote Originally Posted by WTJ View Post
    I was really kinda disappointed. They should have stomped his scrawny little ass to a bloody pulp and I would have told you that even before I became a JBT's wife. I can't stand people like that kid ... Of course, I realize that "some" folks will say I'm harsh ... oh, well ...