Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default .22 caliber failure to fire

Are you having problems with .22 ammo with failure to fire, failure to load, failure to eject?

It does not matter which brand I use, I am having about a 10% or more failure to fire.

I have four S&W 22a semi-auto pistols and they all have this problem. One is brand new, one has about 400 rounds through it and two have a lot of rounds through them.

If you have a .22 semi-auto that is eating anything - would you share the make and model with me.

I do know that these guns will fail fire,eject, and load if shot by a 'limp wristed individual'.

For those who own a Beretta Neos, how are they doing? Will they shoot about any brand of ammo or are they picky.

Thanks.
    Firearms On Target
    Firearm Instruction for Beginning Handgun and Shotgun Shooters
    w - 918-627-2006
    c - 918-857-5106
    f - 918-627-4945
    P.O. Box 690681
    Tulsa, OK 74169-0681
    NRA Certified Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    National Skeet Shooting Association Level 1 Instructor
    Concealed Carry Instructor
    Insured

dan@firearmsontarget.com

www.firearmsontarget.com

Default Re: .22 caliber failure to fire

I use CCI & Federal bulk packs. I shoot a variety of revolvers & rifles and very rarely have any problems. Try polishing your feed ramp with a green scotch brite scouring pad or some very fine OOOO steel wool... that shoud solve a lot of your deeding problems

I had a Beretta .22 LR Bobcat with the pop-up barrel... I couldn't trade it off fast enough. Every few rounds I was having to shove a cleaning rod down the barrel to knock a fired case out. The way it was designed, when fired, the thin brass cases would swell and jam inside the chamber. That is the advantage of Glocks & AKs, as they have such loose tolerances in their chambers that they will cycle just about any ammo on the market. If you will ever look at a aluminum case fired in a Glock, you can usually see the kind of puckering I'm referring too with your naked eye. In .22s that puckering can cause a lot of problems if the gun has tight tolerances in the chamber and a short feed ramp. The extracted round doesn't clear fast enough before the next live round is cycled in.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -Ernest Hemingway

I have a browning bar that will eat anything you feed it and the same can be said for my ruger SR-22

My Ruger Standard likes anything. I have a Walther that is a little more finicky I had a few failure to extract, but a good cleaning of the extracter seemed to cure that. I have a Bersa that doesn't seem to care what I feed it.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates.
    “The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”― Theodore Roosevelt
    My feedback.

Friend, I have had good luck with all Ruger MK 2 22/45, and Ruger MK 3 22/45 with all ammo. I once owned a Ruger MK 2 standard version and it also worked great with all kinds of ammo. I also have experience with Beretta 21A and they do well also. I have used many kinds of ammo Fed-Win-Rem-CCI-even Armscor, without many issues. If I was to avoid one it would be Remington yellow jackets. Years ago I had a terrible time with them feeding in a 10/22. My prefered ammo is anything CCI and Federal. A website that may be of interest is rimfirecentral.com You might find good info on improving your issues with the Smith and Wesson's. I have no experience with Smith and Wesson .22's. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php PS I am not responsible for the money you will spend on .22's after reading the great info from that site. Good luck

And I'm sure it's all part of " The Plan ".
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates.
    “The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”― Theodore Roosevelt
    My feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by okietool View Post
    And I'm sure it's all part of " The Plan ".
    its all part of the plan.
    I am entitled to whatever you have.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog1
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!

My feedback
    https://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...32#post2231332

Quote Originally Posted by ProBusiness View Post
    Are you having problems with .22 ammo with failure to fire, failure to load, failure to eject?

It does not matter which brand I use, I am having about a 10% or more failure to fire.

I have four S&W 22a semi-auto pistols and they all have this problem. One is brand new, one has about 400 rounds through it and two have a lot of rounds through them.

If you have a .22 semi-auto that is eating anything - would you share the make and model with me.

I do know that these guns will fail fire,eject, and load if shot by a 'limp wristed individual'.

For those who own a Beretta Neos, how are they doing? Will they shoot about any brand of ammo or are they picky.

Thanks.

I think I found your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by soonersfan View Post
    Am I mistaken or did I just see a picture of a tramp stamp on a dude in a hot wife thread? I can't say I saw that one coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by bettingpython View Post
    You are mistaken, that's my wife getting inked.

OKCShooter Feedback

Patron

sub-sonics seem to not want to cycle/eject in my 22/45 or my marlin 6o......

Natural selection, don't intervene. Kennedy

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by centraloklahoma View Post
    Friend, I have had good luck with all Ruger MK 2 22/45, and Ruger MK 3 22/45 with all ammo. I once owned a Ruger MK 2 standard version and it also worked great with all kinds of ammo. I also have experience with Beretta 21A and they do well also. I have used many kinds of ammo Fed-Win-Rem-CCI-even Armscor, without many issues. If I was to avoid one it would be Remington yellow jackets. Years ago I had a terrible time with them feeding in a 10/22. My prefered ammo is anything CCI and Federal. A website that may be of interest is rimfirecentral.com You might find good info on improving your issues with the Smith and Wesson's. I have no experience with Smith and Wesson .22's. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php PS I am not responsible for the money you will spend on .22's after reading the great info from that site. Good luck
    For our classes we have Ruger MK II 22-45's & MK III 22-45's and they eat any and all if cleaned and oiled regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArGyLe64 View Post
    There should be an IQ test in order to own a gun and shoot it.
    ~NRA Training Counselor
    ~OK SDA Instructor
    ~UTAH Firearm Instructor
    ~NRA Life Member
    Best Oklahoma Concealed Carry Classes
    Feedback
    SDA Class is FREE for Active Duty Mil & Dis. Vets!

My Marlin Model 60 likes everything I've used.

I had a Browning Buck Mark that didn't, though.

Thanks.

Sounds like them smith's need a good cleaning and relubing including tearing down the bolt. I have a friend that has a smith 22, if dirty it will not function.
    Have a good Day.

Calamity Jake
    NRA Life
    My feedback page
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...t=calamityjake

My Buckmark happily shoots anything except Remington Golden Bullet ammo. That stuff is well-documented as being junk, though, so I don't hold that against it.

My brother, son, son-in-law and I all have a .22A. Mine started the FTF nonsense. After a lot of study on the gun, I realized the magazine disconnect safety device wasn't pushing far enough up to allow the hammer to reliably fall. Often it would fall far enough to dent the rim, but not fire it. I sent it to S&W, got it back about 4 months later, problem not solved and a new scratch on the bottom of the barrel.

I tried to find a way to pin the disconnect bar up, failed at that. Two nights ago I put a small bead of JB Weld on the bottom of the magazine so the disconnect bar would have more to push against. I haven't fired it yet to see if it works, but it does work in dry fire mode.

Take the grips off and you'll see how the disconnect bar works.

Here's a short video of a delayed fire with my .22A. You'll hear the hammer fall, then a brief delay, then hear the shot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK3jK5XL-BE
    Pulp, SASS#28319

aka Terry McDaniel

I've been shooting federal bulk in a Ruger Mark III hunter in steel challenge, and fun matches. Only 1 ftf in several thousand rounds.
    I'm not biased

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government."