2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Quail Hunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw 7 different bucks this morning, a group of 4 with a possible shooter in it, a pair of 6's and a single spike. The two smallest in the group of 4 sparred for about 30 minutes then went seperate ways. Also saw 7 does that stayed clear of the bucks. Going back out this afternoon, should be good.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Two groups of does, coming from feed headed to bed, just like it was October 1. Could see two scrapes and a nice rub from the stand. Saw two bobcats this morning, will post pic and video later.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
all the bucks seen this morning were still together. had a forky and eight pnt come in together. my buddy saw 4 bucks all seeming to run in pairs. i also saw a group of 5 does, a doe with twin fawns amd a fawn by itself. there was no buck activity around them at all. around halloween is whwn i usually start all-dayin it.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya that whole talk about an early rut is just..... Talk
I watched deer all day, this front really had them moving. All the bucks I saw were in groups and didn't give two chits about any doe around. They did some light sparring while playing around. I saw two mature shooters but never got a shot and there all walking around with eachother with younger bucks tagging alone.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
23 does and fawns this evening going to feed. 7 bucks, three of which are three of the biggest five I've got on cams. All the deer passed through the grass between 50 and 75 yards away. Would have been a great night to have a camera. My daughter wasn't with me this evening, so I just watched. Wished she would have been. Bucks showed no interest in the does and they all came out together. First deer sighted at 6pm, everything moved before 6:45pm.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy, south of Tonkawa had 5 bucks at one time in a group come out.

In my area, west of there, I had cruising bucks before legal shooting time. Nothing bigger than a scrawney 8 point.

All bucks were by themselves. Saw 5 bucks, and 12 does in the morning, and 8 does in the evening, no bucks.

Okie4570, I'll be in your area in the AM if the wind is from the south.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
My buddy, south of Tonkawa had 5 bucks at one time in a group come out.

In my area, west of there, I had cruising bucks before legal shooting time. Nothing bigger than a scrawney 8 point.

All bucks were by themselves. Saw 5 bucks, and 12 does in the morning, and 8 does in the evening, no bucks.

Okie4570, I'll be in your area in the AM if the wind is from the south.

Looked like ESE at 0-5 in morn. It was so still this evening, I could hear my ears ringing.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
btw, in every case the smaller buck was leading. note to self: don't shoot the first buck i see tonight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom