Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad Day for the AWACS

Saw this video recently . The KC135 is actually from Tinker based upon the unit markings on the boom.

Default Re: Bad Day for the AWACS

Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

That was weird? Wind gusts or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
    Ok I don't get it, but it happens all the time on this site. If on my iPhone I see these threads that I presume have pics/videos but I see nothing, but the text. Is it an iPhone thing? Is it a 'level of service' meaning I need to do something on the site???

This happens to me several times of day. Sorry to ask in this thread, but it got me thinking again.

Most likely an iPhone problem...I'm not 100% certain, but I think embedded YouTube videos are still in Flash format...You may or may not know this...but your iPhone doesn't support flash....You can thank Apple...LoL....You'd need to either Jailbreak it (I think you may be able to get flash support, I left my iphone over a year ago), switch to Android, or wait for things to start being embedded with HTML 5

Turbulence maybe? Looks like since it wasn't lined up right, there was some sort of override from the 135. Can't explain the AWACS maneuvers though. All those involved are very lucky, that looked mere feet from being a bad day for all.
    "I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

97.3% Positive

The refueler is from the 507th Reserve Wing at Tinker......That wasn't a Tinker AWACS though......They don't say NATO on the side....I believe they are Canadian. Well that is what it was when I was station there 10 years ago....
    "Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

My feedback.......http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...ight=SgtMojo67

I read elsewhere online there were actually injuries aboard the AWACS. The guys in the back would never have been expecting that.

wow!!!
    I am entitled to whatever you have.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog1
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!!!

My feedback
    https://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...32#post2231332

Looked like a sudden abort. If I read the boom correctly it said 507 ARW and 137 ARW. Could this one belong to both the Air Reserve and the Air Guard?

“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
    Benjamin Franklin

My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMojo67 View Post
    The refueler is from the 507th Reserve Wing at Tinker......That wasn't a Tinker AWACS though......They don't say NATO on the side....I believe they are Canadian. Well that is what it was when I was station there 10 years ago....
    NATO AWACS are based out of Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by FireCop203 View Post
    Looked like a sudden abort. If I read the boom correctly it said 507 ARW and 137 ARW. Could this one belong to both the Air Reserve and the Air Guard?
    The 507th (reserve) "Okies" own the planes but share them with the 137th (guard) "Sooners". After the 137th lost their C-130s, they set up an associate unit with the Okies.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post

Apple devices don't play Adobe Flash files.
    "You knew the job was dangerous if when you took it, Fred" - Henry Cabot Henhouse III aka "Superchicken"

Feedback Thread for davek

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwings View Post
    The 507th (reserve) "Okies" own the planes but share them with the 137th (guard) "Sooners". After the 137th lost their C-130s, they set up an associate unit with the Okies.
    My dad was in the 137th out of Will Rogers. He flew all over this side of the globe in those 130s.
    Feedback Link

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One Big Ass Mistake America
    Did you ever notice that when you add "The" and "IRS" you get "Theirs"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    My dad was in the 137th out of Will Rogers. He flew all over this side of the globe in those 130s.
    I'm not sure exactly how they work these days. Supposedly they're still "based" out of Will Rogers but they have a brand new, huge building right next to my squadron on the south side of Tinker. I don't know if they're working toward moving all their operations to Tinker in the future or what. I'll have to talk to some of those guys when I'm stateside again.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwings View Post
    I'm not sure exactly how they work these days. Supposedly they're still "based" out of Will Rogers but they have a brand new, huge building right next to my squadron on the south side of Tinker. I don't know if they're working toward moving all their operations to Tinker in the future or what. I'll have to talk to some of those guys when I'm stateside again.
    I have no clue anymore. I understood that the 137th moved out and another unit moved in? Or maybe just the C130s went away to another state and they brought in a military version of a Gulfstream. Probably different by now anyway that's been a number of years and probably several deployments ago.
    Feedback Link

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

One Big Ass Mistake America
    Did you ever notice that when you add "The" and "IRS" you get "Theirs"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    I have no clue anymore. I understood that the 137th moved out and another unit moved in? Or maybe just the C130s went away to another state and they brought in a military version of a Gulfstream. Probably different by now anyway that's been a number of years and probably several deployments ago.
    Their 130s were divvied up between several bases. I think the 136th down in Fort Worth got the Lions Share. All of the 137th's flying is done on the Tankers out of Tinker, but they were maintaining an HQ out of Will Rogers for a while. I don't know if they still are.