Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Military vs Civilian Prison....

My son and I were on the way home from baseball practice and we heard that some Seal Team Six members were in a bit of hot water for releasing some sensitive info to a video game company that was developing a new game.

Mynboy asked what the difference is between a military prison and a civilian prison. I really don't know, I told him. I said I thought that for similar crimes when comparing the two types of prison stays that the military system is much more strict on the day to day activities of the military prisoner compared to the civy thug off the street.

Can someone give some insight as to the differences if there are any for, I guess, similar types of crimes. My 9 year old boy is fascinated with the military and asks lots of questions I can't answer. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Military vs Civilian Prison....

I dunno, i took care of guys in the ships brig who were on bread and water, that sucked for them, most didnt make it past day 2. Thats an archaic punishment, btw, but its voluntary.

Also took care of a few in Norfolks brig, looked cushy to me.
    2013 sucked but its over. 2014 might suck but it might not.

Watch " harold and kumar escape from guantanamo bay" you get a kock meat sandwich for dinner with extra mayo!
    Last edited by Mr10mm; 11-10-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    LOL, the female goat is very similar to the female human.

Nuff said, and I'll not go anywhere else.

In the military, they really can give you bread and water. We toured one when I got in the Marines, they had a SgtMaj in who stole from supply dump he was in charge of. He was in his underwear, the cell was like a drain with a drain in the middle. Thats where he did his number 1&2. No bed, no pillow and no mattress. Now this may have all been for show, but I never forgot it. BTW He threw 26yrs of service away, got busted down to a Pvt, lose of retirement DisHon discharge and 5yrs in jail.

I was stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks when Lt Calley was held at the prison for army and Navy prisoners. THe federal pen is a different facility.

I drive past the fed prison every day on my way to work. the military prison was hell as it should be

We toured the country club fed pen. Amazing. They had world class gyms, running tracks, -
    And g
    I'm not biased

Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Oh it aint no joke, the bread n water guys got stripped to their skivvys, no matress, steel rack. The cell was about 4x8, i think. A stainless crapper, stainless sink. They had a bible and a navy guide lines book or something. 2 loaves of bread, 1 white, 1 wheat, a cup for drinking. Isolation.

I visited them 3 times a day, weighed them, quick exam, and asked them if they wanted to request a reg diet. On our ship it was 3 days bread n water or opt for more days in confinement usually 7+ with lots of menial labor. Lots of cleaning, lots of PT, but at least ya gotta eat and had some clothes.

I've seen (observed) both. A stockade is military in every way. Clean, regimental, dictatorial, squared away, every deed/act accounted for. If I had a choice I'd rather be in a stockade than a prison or especially a jail.

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    I was stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks when Lt Calley was held at the prison for army and Navy prisoners. THe federal pen is a different facility.

I drive past the fed prison every day on my way to work. the military prison was hell as it should be

We toured the country club fed pen. Amazing. They had world class gyms, running tracks, -
    And g
    Never was inside the military penn at Leavenworth, but just the outside looked like it was Civil War era. Young USAF cop who transports prisoners to KS said they built a new one, but the old one is still standing with a barbed wire fence surrounding it.
    "When I die and go to heaven, if there are no dogs there, I want to go where the dogs are."
    Will Rogers

Feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...one+Wolf+%2749

Civilian prison your roomie is Ben Dover.

Military prison your roomie is Lt. Ben Dover.

Ai yi yi ... I dunno nuthin about mil prisons but I went down to the county jail ONE time with GC ... I wouldn't want to not be able to leave there. YIKES!
    In case you are wondering why I am here:

One of the owners/mods is a top member of the Oklahoma Infraguard (sic) which is a bunch of jack booted thugs getting off acting like Nazi's (sic) associated with Homeland Security. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't understand people getting offended on the Internet.
    (Oh ... and Post 12 was MINE ... ALL MINE!! )

This thread reminds me of the movie: The Last Detail
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Detail
    "When I die and go to heaven, if there are no dogs there, I want to go where the dogs are."
    Will Rogers

Feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...one+Wolf+%2749

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf '49 View Post
    This thread reminds me of the movie: The Last Detail
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Detail
    Good movie....classic Jack Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Civilian prison your roomie is Ben Dover.

Military prison your roomie is Lt. Ben Dover.
    haha RKM nailed it with that one

Some time back I catch a show on history that went to a miltary lockup - lots of yes sir no sir may I sir ,hospital cornor beds , white glove insp,
    It isn't that Liberals are Ignorant !
    It's just that they know so much that isn't so !!

Ronald Reagan 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Shriner View Post
    Some time back I catch a show on history that went to a miltary lockup - lots of yes sir no sir may I sir ,hospital cornor beds , white glove insp,
    and knowbody ever passes inspection.