Wounded Warrior flap ‘a misunderstanding…blown out of proportion,’ says official

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evidently there was some miscommunications between Tom Gresham of Gun Talk and the new(new to the job) WWP public relations director that has caused some concern among gun owners about the WWP being possibly anti-gun(being discussed on other gun forums). From what I have read on another forum, some of the officials at WWP are bringing down some pretty hefty pay checks as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wounded-warrior-flap-a-misunderstanding-blown-out-of-proportion-says-official
Wounded Warrior flap ‘a misunderstanding…blown out of proportion,’ says official
Wounded Warrior Project
November 16, 2012
By: Dave Workman

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no doubt that WWP has done some great things for our wounded vets. Their national level visibility sure helped get the message out....but in the last year or so I have shifted most of my contributions to some of the smaller organizations with less overhead, where more of my money goes directly to services/vets.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting.....will see how this plays out. It looks like an auto-avoidance policy of anything that may be a hot button issue from potential donors that did not take into account the typical donor profile.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved away from WWP over 2 years ago. Their claimed 80+% of funds going to the vets is misleading AND they still haven't changed their policy on being anti-gun, they just weasel worded it to sound like that's the case.

We welcome the opportunity to have a warrior on Mr. Gresham’s show to discuss how hunting or events of the like have supported their recovery,” Hay affirmed, reversing the position articulated by the group’s public relations director. “We responded too quickly to his request and should have delved a bit deeper.”

There are FAR better choices out there to support vets, such as Fischer House Foundation, Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, etc.

http://www.military-money-matters.com/charities-ratings.html#axzz2CWEGiaqI

http://www.military-money-matters.com/wounded-warrior-project-info.html#axzz2CWEGiaqI

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WWP has lost all credibility, both on their political and financial stances. For those of you who've donated to WWP in the past, please don't stop donating, just donate to other (better) organizations!

Latest posts

Top Bottom