What time do you arrive to get seated for a movie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How early do you arrive for a movie?

• 30+ minutes

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • 20-30 minutes

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • 10-20 minutes

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • 0-10 minutes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • After the previews have started

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if it's the holiday season, that means its movie season. I go to the movies often and try to get there as early as possible so that I can get a great seat. I'm always surprised by the people that show up at the last minute and look around for seats for 4-5 people together.

What time do you arrive to get seated for a movie?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird poll.

I haven't been to a movie in years. I'm probably going to see Lincoln here soon and I'm sure I'll just get mad because my seat has soda stickiness on it and people are talking and the guy in front of us is tall and moves too much and the fat woman next to me is spilling into my seat.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm probably going to see Lincoln here soon and I'm sure I'll just get mad because my seat has soda stickiness on it and people are talking and the guy in front of us is tall and moves too much and the fat woman next to me is spilling into my seat.

Spoiler alert: Lincoln dies.

Also, don't take fat chicks to the movie and they won't take your armrest. Everyone clearly knows my armrests are not up for grabs but they always try to wedge that elbow in there anyway in an attempt to challenge the alpha male.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've been to the movies since I learned how to use proxy servers and blind ip's... Of course I still have to wait until the DVD drops to download a bluray quality copy. I'll VUDU everything else. I'm just too cheap to pay $12 for a ticket to walk out of a theatre thinking "It would have been a better movie if they would have..."

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Also, don't take fat chicks to the movie and they won't take your armrest. Everyone clearly knows my armrests are not up for grabs but they always try to wedge that elbow in there anyway in an attempt to challenge the alpha male.

Weird, no one ever tries to take my arm rest. I always have the "dont f*ck with my arm rest" face on and the gf knows the routine so she keeps her elbows tucked.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm dating a living version of Popeye's Olive Oil - I was totally referring to the spillovers of strangers. As long as it's a one-sided spillover I'll just donate half stick girl's seat because she doesn't use it.

You should be able to share an armrest with a stranger. One elbow forward, one in back, 348. The seats at the Brady here in Tulsa are so small (small for me even and I'm not big) that at some point I'm just going to end up putting my arm around the big strange guy next to me and leaning my head on his shoulder for the sake of comfort. I mean who are we kidding - we're touching each other all night anyways, big strange sir. Let's just just cuddle up and stop the charade. At this point in my life I would have no shame in this.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I show up just before the movie starts. But then I don't go when the movie first comes out. I wait several weeks or more then go see in at a Monday afternoon showing. I don't like crowds or kids. Usually when I go, there are only a few other couples in the theater.

Latest posts

Top Bottom