damaged reload disposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footballkckr7

Marksman
Reaction score
I need some help with some damaged reloads. They are damaged in the sense that I forgot to turn the turret from the expanding die and it pushed the bullet to where no collet puller will grab it. Any suggestions on how to dispose of these properly or render them harmless? Thanks in advance for the help and God bless

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best bet is a kinetic bullet puller. Is there an echo in here?

If you don't mind trashing the bullets, you can remove the die from the press, put the damaged cartridge in the shellholder, raise it up until the bullet pokes through the hole in the press where the die should go, grab the exposed bullet with a pair of pliers (locking pliers work best), then lower the cartridge. You should put something between the pliers and the press to keep from marring the finish on the press.

The pliers will damage the bullet to the point where you probably won't be able to use it again.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinetic bullet puller, or give them to me. You can salvage all of your components with a kinetic bullet puller.

I do hear an echo.

If you don't have a lot of them save them until you get a kinetic bullet puller.

They work better with heavier bullets. .224 rifle bullets are the hardest to pull with one. Big heavy pistol bullets are the easy ones. Use a piece of wood to hit the puller against. I have a piece of firewood standing on it's end under my bench for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom