Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What Beer do you eat food with?

I know, I know, this is a gun forum but I'm on a mission.

What beer do you eat food with? I have drank a few beers in my time, from Belgian beer( Belgium is the country/Belgian is the product...drives me nuts when people use it incorrectly) to Nigerian brewed Guiness to Anchor Beer to Ommegang to Peroni to Red Hook to Dogfish Head to Choc to Moose Drool to Rogue to Russian River to Sierra Nevada to Santa Fe Pale Ale to Left Hand to ...you get the picture.

I keep coming back to two beers to eat food with....sorry for my choice...but the road leads me back to these two...don't know why. To eat with...not just for leisure time killing. Well, maybe three.

1st up: Coors and Lone Star, from pizza to chili to steak to ruben sandwich, to gumbo and boudin. You name it, I keep coming back to these two as my favorite to eat with. Just tonight at Cattleman's I had a steak with Coors....MMMmmmmmmmm,Mmmmmm. Just wish we could get a stronger Coors here in Okie land. Of course my Lone Star is liquor store bought.

2nd up: Modelo Especial, yes I know most to all the Mexican beers....heck even a few Central American...Gallo and Balboa. With Mexican food I just love the blend or marriage of Modelo Especial with a great salsa and salty chips, Menudo, or anytype of taco...buche my favorite.

So, give Cohiba a few of your choices that you drink beer while dinning. I may find some new ones,who knows??

Cheers...

Cohiba
    From Zombie to Cohiba:
    ......I try to ignore you as you are annoying as hell. You can't do anything without posting about it here like it's your journal - or asking what the cool kids use for whatever. Seriously it's pathetic. If I had to choose between being you or being a mall ninja....mall ninja would win. At least then I wouldn't hate myself.

The desert's quiet, Cleveland's cold, and so the story ends we're told...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzJAF1BxP4

Default Re: What Beer do you eat food with?

As much as I like food, I rarely eat while drinking beer. Once in a while, beer with pizza sounds good, but mostly when I drink beer I just want to taste the beer by itself.

If I go out for dinner and want beer, I drink the beer before the food comes out, and then I usually just drink water with my meal.

If I'm out at a restaurant and order a beer with dinner, I'm usually limited on choices. For some reason I have a tendency to order a Blue Moon. Don't ask me why. I never buy the stuff at the store and drink it at home. It's a pretty refershing brew and really goes well with a steak.

If I'm at home, it really depends on the food. If we're having venison tacos or something mexican, I really enjoy a Pacifico. I had a Bohemia the other night with dinner as well.

If we're having burgers, steaks, grilled chicken etc I'll go with either a Sunshine Wheat or Fat Tire.

I have been watching the calories lately though, so I found a girly beer that does have some body to it for what it is. Bud Select 55. I hang my head when I pick some up at the store, but all things considered it's not terrible. For some reason it appears a little darker than a typical bud or bud light so I like to pour it in a glass and pretend it's something else.

Ice cold Boulevard Wheat with an orange slice with HOT wings!
    Good-NESS!

I'm talking hot wings, not mild wings.

Or a Leiney Honey Weiss with a steak.

I can drink just about any beer with chips and salsa.

Other than that I like my beer with my beer. Usually don't have it WITH food.

If I wanted to drink piss I'd just piss in my mug.

A porter or lager I guess, if I have to eat it.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

~NRA Training Counselor
    ~OK SDA Instructor
    ~UTAH Firearm Instructor
    ~NRA Endowment Member
    ~Better looking Cue brother
    Best Oklahoma Concealed Carry Classes
    My feedback
    SDA Class is FREE for Active Duty Mil & Dis. Vets!

Zima...

I like Bud Light

Barq's because Barq's has bite. Or A&W cause it has that frosty mug taste. Usually have the A&W with a scoop of ice cream in it. Love IBC too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP82 View Post
    Zima...
    No smirnoff ice love?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

~NRA Training Counselor
    ~OK SDA Instructor
    ~UTAH Firearm Instructor
    ~NRA Endowment Member
    ~Better looking Cue brother
    Best Oklahoma Concealed Carry Classes
    My feedback
    SDA Class is FREE for Active Duty Mil & Dis. Vets!

Bud light all the way!

Beer can be a meal all its own. Liquid bread
    Quote Originally Posted by tntrex View Post
    go ahead and say what you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Patriot View Post
    I rebuke you agent of Satan! Your trying to intice me.

I prefer them after dinner or after vigorous activity

Ummm, I don't eat beer. Usually try to drink it while eating food. My choices are Stella, Negra Modelo and Widmer Hef.

Negro Modelo with Mexican/Tex Mex, Guinness with soup/stew, Newcastle with steak, and Boulevard Wheat is pretty much the go to with anything else.