Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Square Credit Card Processor prohibiting Guns and Ammo

Just got the notice that effective in June Square is not allowing firearms/ ammo/ firearms parts to be processed any longer........

Anyone know of a good "gun friendly" processor that has mobile app for the Iphone?

Enthusiast

Default Re: Square Credit Card Processor prohibiting Guns and Ammo

As a CC processor, I had just researched this.

My processing banks that offer competitive rates are not at all gun averse, IF you are conducting face to face, card present business. Think a gun shop, or any other scenario that will always be card present. If this is your situation, I can help. In fact, I can get you your first Iphone card reader for free. There is an activation fee, and a small monthly fee, plus a fair discount rate. Alternatively, card terminals are crazy cheap these days, so don't write that route off yet, either. If you process now, I can get you switched over to my processing on a terminal with no cost to you, other than the terminal. No app fee, no set up fee, etc, at a great rate. It really depends on where and how you conduct your sales.

For me, the problem is when a large percentage of sales are internet or phone, with the item being shipped. To do those types of merchants, I must go to a high risk processor, and the rates are really high. I have avoided doing any this way...the risk/cost seems high, the return low.

PM me if I can help in any way.

how does it/they know if you are buying guns/ammo/etc....

just curious on my own behalf.... and how $hitty of them to determine what you can and can't buy!!!
    "In the early 70's a predator was pushed south for the crimes it committed. These predators known as coyotes have eluded many hunters. There is a group of men who escape into the open plains and thick timber to hunt these coyotes. Today, these men survive as hunters of coyote hides. if you have a coyote problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the C-Team."

C-Team Members:
    T.Coker- caller, shooter
    J. Balderson- caller, shooter
    J. Brown- shooter

Intuit and PayPal both offer similar services. Here is a comparison article on all 3 of them. I don't know the firearms policy on them.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sq...rd-processors/

PayPal sucks balls.
    www.fatboytactical.net

FBT is now a stocking dealer of Primary Arm optics.

FBT Oklahoma's premiere Ballistol dealer.

FAT BOY TACTICAL FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankeeOK View Post
    Intuit and PayPal both offer similar services. Here is a comparison article on all 3 of them. I don't know the firearms policy on them.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sq...rd-processors/
    PayPal is very anti-gun with their PayPal service. My question is how would they know? You, being the vendor, supply them with all the information so unless you tell them it is a gun they won't know if it's a gun?

We use square in our fireworks business and our owner is very pro 2A, I wonder if this will end our business with them?

Quote Originally Posted by n2sooners View Post
    PayPal is very anti-gun with their PayPal service. My question is how would they know? You, being the vendor, supply them with all the information so unless you tell them it is a gun they won't know if it's a gun?
    Because you tell them what type of items you sell when you sign up. It's not as easy to lie to them as one might think....trust me on this one.
    www.fatboytactical.net

FBT is now a stocking dealer of Primary Arm optics.

FBT Oklahoma's premiere Ballistol dealer.

FAT BOY TACTICAL FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Shootin 4 Fun View Post
    Because you tell them what type of items you sell when you sign up. It's not as easy to lie to them as one might think....trust me on this one.
    I have a square card reader and I don't sell anything. It was simple to sign up and all I had to do was link it to my bank account.

Yeah, I mean I guess it's possible you may go awhile before they find out, like telling them you sell "sporting goods", etc. But you will technically be in violation of their member agreement, which then gives them the power to put a "hold" on your funds--- which I"m sure you could eventually get---but nonetheless they could tie up some of your operating capital for awhile............ My luck they would tie up a transaction for an expensive "Nighthawk Custom", or 50 BMG.

I just got off the phone with PayAnywhere, because of the same issue. No problems there. They welcomed my business and sent everything over immediately. Just fyi
    38SLF3355520977, 38SLE3052759744, 42SWC2304914718

Thanks Boomer, I'll pass that along to the boss.

Thanks Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by harley128 View Post
    Yeah, I mean I guess it's possible you may go awhile before they find out, like telling them you sell "sporting goods", etc. But you will technically be in violation of their member agreement, which then gives them the power to put a "hold" on your funds--- which I"m sure you could eventually get---but nonetheless they could tie up some of your operating capital for awhile............ My luck they would tie up a transaction for an expensive "Nighthawk Custom", or 50 BMG.
    If you don't tell them I don't see how they would ever find out what you sold. Basically a person swipes their card on your phone and signs for the agreed amount. You can put whatever you want on the receipt. The only problem I could see is those who have an actual store who use square and want more detailed receipts to e-mail to their customers. That said, I'd probably dump them anyway and let them know why even if I never used it to sell a gun. Since I never use mine anyway they probably wouldn't care.

Just got the notice. Haven't read it. I don't tell them what I do. None of their #%* business.