Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Network Execs complain to Phil .............

I guess nobody bothered to read the link I posted, so here is the text.

If you’ve checked your Facebook or email this week, you might have been treated to a surprising story of how “Ducky Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson has been fighting the network that airs his show regarding frequent uses of prayer and guns. Mainly, the story says that Phil has taken a stand against A&E in order to keep the two topics in the show.

But while the story may endear fans to Phil and the clan even more, information we’ve uncovered says the entire thing just isn’t true.

First, here’s a copy of one of the variations of the rumor that’s circulating on Facebook:

(Source: Facebook)
    That’s a pretty loaded statement. To have a show’s star speak out agaisnt his own network is a big deal. And especially when it comes to faith and guns, two hot-button issues. Still, given Phil’s outspoken nature, it’s not out of the question.

So what’s the truth?

There’s nothing to it, family member and Phil’s oldest (and non-bearded ) son Alan Robertson tells TheBlaze.

“The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true,” Alan said in an email to TheBlaze, adding the description of “false” to the chatter. “We continue to partner with A&E to make a great tv show that reflects our family’s values.”

And it seems Phil himself has weighed in according to another of the show’s stars. On Thursday, Missy Robertson — wife of bearded brother Jase — tweeted a response to a question from someone asking about the controversy. According to the tweet, she asked Phil about it and he said “not to my knowledge.”

Phil just said "Not to my knowledge." @benny_smith09: true A&E ask Phil not to pray show cause of liberals & atheists complained to them?
    May 9, 2013 3:43pm via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
    @MissyDuckWife
    Missy Robertson
    That seems pretty clear. And as Phil would say, the family seems “happy, happy, happy” with the way things are going.

In other news, Willie Robertson announced earlier this week on his Twitter account that the show will officially be returning for a fourth season:
    No it's not fwd, it's not a 4cylinder, and no your sister doesn't have one.

Hippies think they are coy asking the question "Who would Jesus bomb?" Of course he would not bomb anyone. He doesn't use bombs, he uses a sword.
    Matthew 10:34
    Revelation 19:11-21

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly97 View Post
    Good on him! And love the show!
    Phil for prez, and Si for.....well, anything.....he's freakin hilarious!

Si would make a great Press Secretary... think about it, Jack!

LL
    The last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

No way! Another news story posted on OSA that's completely false? I can't believe it. Just takes a few extra minutes to research the sites that bust these fake stories before posting.

However, knowing the story is make believe I will still say what I would have said had it actually been true:

I'm not a very religious person but I'm proud to live in a country where people who are religious are allowed to practice that religion freely and openly. I'm a huge fan of Duck Dynasty and I see no problems with the shows content or format. They are a family that rose to success by creating duck calls for hunting so, of course there will be guns and they are a family that share a strong religious bond and faith so how can you do a show about the Robertson family without showing the things that are most important to them? You can't and you shouldn't want to regardless of your own beliefs about religion or guns.
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?141144-Brandi

Sic gorgiamus allows subjectos nunc

WTB- 4 5/8" barrel "original" .45 Colt Vaquero

I've never watched the show. But I'm glad he stood his ground.
    The big red dog is diggin' in our backyard and we are justified in shooting him. - Curtis Lemay

Quote Originally Posted by Blinocac200sx View Post
    I guess nobody bothered to read the link I posted, so here is the text.

If you’ve checked your Facebook or email this week, you might have been treated to a surprising story of how “Ducky Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson has been fighting the network that airs his show regarding frequent uses of prayer and guns. Mainly, the story says that Phil has taken a stand against A&E in order to keep the two topics in the show.

But while the story may endear fans to Phil and the clan even more, information we’ve uncovered says the entire thing just isn’t true.

First, here’s a copy of one of the variations of the rumor that’s circulating on Facebook:

(Source: Facebook)
    That’s a pretty loaded statement. To have a show’s star speak out agaisnt his own network is a big deal. And especially when it comes to faith and guns, two hot-button issues. Still, given Phil’s outspoken nature, it’s not out of the question.

So what’s the truth?

There’s nothing to it, family member and Phil’s oldest (and non-bearded ) son Alan Robertson tells TheBlaze.

“The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true,” Alan said in an email to TheBlaze, adding the description of “false” to the chatter. “We continue to partner with A&E to make a great tv show that reflects our family’s values.”

And it seems Phil himself has weighed in according to another of the show’s stars. On Thursday, Missy Robertson — wife of bearded brother Jase — tweeted a response to a question from someone asking about the controversy. According to the tweet, she asked Phil about it and he said “not to my knowledge.”

Phil just said "Not to my knowledge." @benny_smith09: true A&E ask Phil not to pray show cause of liberals & atheists complained to them?
    May 9, 2013 3:43pm via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite
    @MissyDuckWife
    Missy Robertson
    That seems pretty clear. And as Phil would say, the family seems “happy, happy, happy” with the way things are going.

In other news, Willie Robertson announced earlier this week on his Twitter account that the show will officially be returning for a fourth season:
    Another great reason NOT to Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    No way! Another news story posted on OSA that's completely false? I can't believe it. Just takes a few extra minutes to research the sites that bust these fake stories before posting.
    This is in no way like a news story. No major media outlet carried this.

This is more like someone overheard two old women gossiping after church and decided to pass on the rant to their friends.

Duck Dynasty rocks!

I dont watch it very often.

I once heard that when the show began, the producers wanted to add "bleeps" like they were editing curse words. The family told them to stop because they don't cuss. They truly are a Christian family and the bleeps would have seemed a contradiction when compared to the normal meal and prayer at the end of each episode.
    Terry Miller

It has been my experience that those that vote based on a single issue usually wonder later why there is a bullet hole in their foot.

While I own numerous weapons in numerous calibers,
    my favorite weapon for hunting is this:

I heard the real reason the oldest son doesn't appear on the show is because Willie and Si ate him.
    No it's not fwd, it's not a 4cylinder, and no your sister doesn't have one.

Hippies think they are coy asking the question "Who would Jesus bomb?" Of course he would not bomb anyone. He doesn't use bombs, he uses a sword.
    Matthew 10:34
    Revelation 19:11-21