Scrap metal prices, worth it to take it down myself?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have maybe a pick-up load of scrap stuff, maybe 200 lbs, maybe 800 lbs, who knows. An old pool heater, and various other steel scrap that I am tired of tripping over.

Is it worth the hassle to take it down there myself, or just let the scrappers come and get it while I supervise with a cold beer in hand? Gonna cost me as much in gas and time as the cash I get?

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
take pool heater apart, some have big heavy brass heat exchanger,about 3$ a pound, defanily worth it. as to steel, 3 main steel places to call on the day you head to scrap,Metal Check, LA recycling, (both close to each other), and Derichebourg down on reno and eastern.as to non ferrous metal, Recyclers Of Ok (19th & S Penn) ROO doesnt take steel,and Metal Check,again call before leaving the house.prices change daily..usually if i have steel and non ferrous i just go to metal check, get rid of all of it one stop.PM me if you dont want to deal with it , i have low tailgate trailer,can easily load anything.

barry_miller31

Marksman
Reaction score
Go down and you wont regret it for sure! Scrap metal prices are always on the rise and steel is a coveted metal so youll earn good cash! Contact the scrap dealers in your area to find what they offer, chat them up, negotiate a good deal and then go down there with your truck. I always haul my metal scrap to the SIMS facility a few blocks away and so far they have always offered a great deal. So look them up if they have a recycling facility in your city and visit them if youd like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom