Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Street Outlaws OKC on Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraworld View Post
    Greetings from near Daytona Florida. This show is a slap in the face of OKC. There's a pretty serious outlaw racing scene near Daytona. The cars are really insane, nothing under 1500HP. The pots regularly go over $50k with the side bets. They wait for the ricers to have a night out. It's usually more about the neon & chicks with a couple of races thrown in. There's a few good roads out of the way near the speedway & the airport behind. Cars must be driven to & from the races. Long distance cars are trailered a few miles from the race. A drag strip east of Orlando has been hosting grudge racing too, keeping it off the street. The gambling is the illegal part. This is as fake as it gets. At the end of the show it says one of them died in May, doesn't say why.
    Welcome to the board if you go to http://www.midweststreetcars.com/smf...152b61a6c6;www thats were those guys on street outlaws hangout. I have been to that site a few times over the years and they race regularly, long before the show and there are alot of videos.

I was at H&H a few months ago and there was a Discovery crew there filming but all they would say was it was a show about cars. There was a guy being filmed talking about a white mustang being shot up and destroyed and some other stuff, I guess it was this show. What it had to do with H&H I don't know.
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?141144-Brandi

Sic gorgiamus allows subjectos nunc

WTB- 4 5/8" barrel "original" .45 Colt Vaquero

I know "the chief" is on Deadhorse. Some of those guys are over there.

There is a strong racing scene in Oklahoma, but it's more of a fight club type thing. The ones who are in it deep & have been for years do it different than the ricer punks. It's not like racing on busy Memorial on a weekend. Most the races I have seen between the big boys are on isolated roads late at night. No traffic around, only racers. And yes, thousands of dollars changing hands. Street racing will exist as long as cars exist, no one can or will stop it. The differences are between those who do it in empty areas & those who think it's like the movie Tokyo Drift, racing in traffic. Those are the little idiots who crash into innocent people. This show is a joke, but what do you expect no days on TV.
    Mods:Stock bottom end--224/.581 114--TR 7.4's--P/P & milled .018" 5.3's--P/P TB--LS7 lifters--LS7 clutch--LS2 flywheel--MTI lid--Pacesetter LT's--TSP ORY--Hooker Aerochamber

Quote Originally Posted by okietool View Post
    I heard Discovery was making this show of the street racers in OKC. I've seen some of these cars run. These guys should be busted and their cars confiscated and crushed. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by okietool View Post
    If they get caught, their cars should be seized and crushed along with a ball busting fine 1500hp cars shouldn't be street racing . If one of them were to kill one of my children, grandchildren or my dogs I would end them. If it's on a track, have a nice day
    99% of the time they're doing this in industrial complexes and the like, and are usually trailered out there. The likelihood of you seeing one of these cars on the street is almost zero, and the likelihood of you witnessing a race is zero. Hopefull your family isn't playing around warehouses at 3 am.

Now for 20 year old kids racing their Scions down a main street, I agree with your ideals.
    MY FEEDBACK

"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -- Thomas Paine

I know a few of these guys personally. The racing is real. Everything, else, I am not going to comment...

The guy that died a couple weeks ago was not in a wreck or a tornado, I won't comment any further because it is not my place. Let's just say it was pretty sad.

The orange 72 (?) Chevy with the camper shell in the show is pretty famous around OKC, if you know about it. He has been running at Thunder Valley for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by 71buickfreak View Post
    I know a few of these guys personally. The racing is real. Everything, else, I am not going to comment...

The guy that died a couple weeks ago was not in a wreck or a tornado, I won't comment any further because it is not my place. Let's just say it was pretty sad.
    I didn't catch the show. Was it a guy named Tyler?
    My Feedback
    Oklahomabassin Feedback

Ridgehunter--I'm always so grateful I never talk. Vaginas are like wild animals. You have to be very quiet or you scare them away. Even after you gain one's trust you should still be *amazed* it comes close enough to let you touch it. Especially most of us here. I've seen a lot of ya'll. Don't call up all your friends and yell "IT'S EATING FROM MY HAND RIGHT NOW."

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005 View Post
    There is a strong racing scene in Oklahoma, but it's more of a fight club type thing. The ones who are in it deep & have been for years do it different than the ricer punks. It's not like racing on busy Memorial on a weekend. Most the races I have seen between the big boys are on isolated roads late at night. No traffic around, only racers. And yes, thousands of dollars changing hands. Street racing will exist as long as cars exist, no one can or will stop it. The differences are between those who do it in empty areas & those who think it's like the movie Tokyo Drift, racing in traffic. Those are the little idiots who crash into innocent people. This show is a joke, but what do you expect no days on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryt1 View Post
    99% of the time they're doing this in industrial complexes and the like, and are usually trailered out there. The likelihood of you seeing one of these cars on the street is almost zero, and the likelihood of you witnessing a race is zero. Hopefull your family isn't playing around warehouses at 3 am.

Now for 20 year old kids racing their Scions down a main street, I agree with your ideals.
    Its funny how you associate just imports as the only ones who try and race on a public road.

I bet my little "ricer" mobiles will pull on just about anything anyone on here drives..

But regardless if these guys are real racers etc. this show makes them just look dumb. I doubt it will stay on a whole season..
    They say that I can't last a day in the real world, I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine

I will sh*t fury all over your, and you will drown in it

Quote Originally Posted by MFCEO View Post
    Its funny how you associate just imports as the only ones who try and race on a public road.

I bet my little "ricer" mobiles will pull on just about anything anyone on here drives..
    Oh no, here we go. You know how many times I have heard this, too many. Yes, domestic guys also can be ignorant & race on public roads, I put them in the same category as import boys.

There is a significant difference between adults with nice imports which I'd consider more a "tuner" style than the stick on fan boy ricers. You know exactly who I'm talking about & they make you guys look just as bad a ignorant domestic guys make the rest of us look.

I'd like to know what your running since you feel so confident. (friendly question, don't go getting all personal over it, that is the first sign of a ricer, LOL)
    Mods:Stock bottom end--224/.581 114--TR 7.4's--P/P & milled .018" 5.3's--P/P TB--LS7 lifters--LS7 clutch--LS2 flywheel--MTI lid--Pacesetter LT's--TSP ORY--Hooker Aerochamber

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005 View Post
    Oh no, here we go. You know how many times I have heard this, too many. Yes, domestic guys also can be ignorant & race on public roads, I put them in the same category as import boys.

There is a significant difference between adults with nice imports which I'd consider more a "tuner" style than the stick on fan boy ricers. You know exactly who I'm talking about & they make you guys look just as bad a ignorant domestic guys make the rest of us look.

I'd like to know what your running since you feel so confident. (friendly question, don't go getting all personal over it, that is the first sign of a ricer, LOL)

No worries, its an image that will never go away. There are far more ricers out there, than nice correctly done imports.

But I defiantly get more muscle pulling up next to me while im just cruising trying to get me to go than anything else.

I have an 06' M3 HPF Stage 2, and a boosted 06' s2k
    They say that I can't last a day in the real world, I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine

Quote Originally Posted by MFCEO View Post

But regardless if these guys are real racers etc. this show makes them just look dumb. I doubt it will stay on a whole season..
    To the first part-yeah right. Let's see some pics first! I'm not doggin' tuners, but I can't tell you how many times I have personally smoked a "sweet ricer" in my old minivan.

For the second part- they have already been signed to a second season by Discovery, so you are wrong there too.

I have plenty of respect for imported vehicles. I really like the M3/6 BMWs, Porsches, etc. I don't care for Japanese tuners so much, there are a few respectable ones, like the Supra, GTR, etc. The problem is that every flat-bill douche nozzle with a Vtec Honda thinks he has something special. Makes them all look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 71buickfreak View Post
    To the first part-yeah right. Let's see some pics first! I'm not doggin' tuners, but I can't tell you how many times I have personally smoked a "sweet ricer" in my old minivan.

For the second part- they have already been signed to a second season by Discovery, so you are wrong there too.

I'm not saying ill can kill anything but I do alright. My little 2k lb s2000 puts down a little over 5, so from a roll it can handle itself well.

So they got another season before am episode even aired?

Quote Originally Posted by kerryt1 View Post
    I'm 35 years old and drive a 10' Scion TC, so i'm good to go!....lol

i just watched the show on discovery channel web site....drama like always...yawn.

growing up through high school (around 97') we use to head out to the local lake road and race, good times good memories. i'm a big fan of Farm Truck, i drove a nice 71' chevy long bed, built up SBC 350, muncie 3 speed, 411 posi.. it surprised a lot of cars in its day....(hopefully here in the near future she is back on the road)
    "In the early 70's a predator was pushed south for the crimes it committed. These predators known as coyotes have eluded many hunters. There is a group of men who escape into the open plains and thick timber to hunt these coyotes. Today, these men survive as hunters of coyote hides. if you have a coyote problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the C-Team."

C-Team Members:
    T.Coker- caller, shooter
    J. Balderson- caller, shooter
    J. Brown- shooter